BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys that use Plexus to maintain your clear plastic, here's one I didn't expect.

I was at Home Depot getting a piece of plexiglass and in the glass/plexiglass section were some cans of Plexus. I think to order from Plexus they want a 3 or more can minimum. HD can sell you 1 at time.

·
Revelation 10:7
1,012 Posts
You can also order Plexus from Classic Motoring without having a minimum.

I just recently placed an order with them and got a can for my wife's Z3. The back window has never been great on the car and I wanted to try the Plexus on it.

I gotta say, I really like it.

Thanks for The Home Depot tip. I will take a look at my local HD and see if they have any.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Hey Scott

Is this the HB store you're talking about? I practically live at HD (80+ reciepts last year!), I can't believe that I haven't seen it. I have I've been looking all over the place for that stuff.

--SONET

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The store I saw the Plexus at was the one on Warner and Golden West, but I would imagine it could be at any of them. They just had one small box of about a dozen cans on the floor at the back of the store where they cut glass.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Do they still carry Plexus?

So I drop by my local Home Depot (the one in the Torrance Crossroads at Lomita & Crenshaw), and nobody has even heard of the stuff. The guy at the cleaning products says ask at the glass area. The guy there says ask at paint. Paint guy says go the cleaning section. The guys at the info counter can't even figure out which department would have it. Argh! :flipoff: (Yeah, I know... I expect service in a service business :p )

Everyone says they can't even look it up in the 'puter without a SKEW #. I start kicking up a fuss and they finally figure out how to look it up by name (or maybe they were just shitting me). Anyway, they say it's in the 'puter, but it says they're no longer going to order any. They can't even find out if any of the other locations carry it. :banghead:

Does Home Depot still carry this product? Anyone know if their location has any in stock? How 'bout the SKEW # off the can? :dunno:

Still gonna check the motorcycle shops near me. Been meaning to stop in to the Harley dealership for a while now.:thumbup:

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have yet to go in to a motorcycle shop that does not carry this stuff. However, I don't go to Harley dealers...

Good luck!

Chipster

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would go with the Motorcycle shop if you find one . . .

the Home Depot near me marks up the heck out of it , but it's there in a pinch. I think the on-line places and the bike shops are the best places price-wise to get it.

Howard, if you're not in a hurry, do a search for on-line detail suppliers. There's one that gets mentioned a lot on .org detailing board (I think Melissa is the poster)

Good luck :)

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Re: I would go with the Motorcycle shop if you find one . . .

scottn2retro said:
Howard, if you're not in a hurry, do a search for on-line detail suppliers. There's one that gets mentioned a lot on .org detailing board (I think Melissa is the poster)
No, I'm not in a hurry. It was pretty late when I drove past the HD and they are open late, so I stopped in. But I was in no mood for their little head games :banghead: and having to walk the store end-to-end 3 times (at least I got some exercise!).

I'll check motorcycle shops near me this weekend and also check on .org for on-line suppliers.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HD after midnight - you're on your own!

Hey o-knock -

Sorry to hear about the run around they gave you. That's one of the 24 hour stores, if I recall. Being in those places after midnight, you're pretty much left to your own devices.

I think the bike shops sell enough that they don't mark it up that bad. Carnuba Store also has it, but again pretty high mark-up. :(

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Re: HD after midnight - you're on your own!

scottn2retro said:
That's one of the 24 hour stores, if I recall. Being in those places after midnight, you're pretty much left to your own devices.
Yeah, it is one of the 24 hour stores. But I was there at about 10 PM. Don't think I've ever gone in after midnight. Oh well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts