BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

plug query

627 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  smolck
Heres the scenario: bank 2 o2 sensor went pop. It stayed like that for some time, 2 months approx until I could get it replaced. Now when I pulled out the plugs, I found that bank 2 plugs where creamy colour and bank 1 plugs differed in colour.
My question is, has the non functional sensor caused the plugs to change colour and should it affect running order? The car isn’t driving as smoothly and having checked my fuel trim values, bank 2 readings are at around +3%. And bank 1 readings are close to 0%. Would I be right in thinking that the increased percentage in bank 2 is due to the plugs?
325 o1 manual
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Yep. Probably running leaner on bank 2 with the bad 02 sensor, hence the "creamy" color (whiter colors = lean condition)
Heres the scenario: bank 2 o2 sensor went pop. It stayed like that for some time, 2 months approx until I could get it replaced. Now when I pulled out the plugs, I found that bank 2 plugs where creamy colour and bank 1 plugs differed in colour.
My question is, has the non functional sensor caused the plugs to change colour and should it affect running order? The car isn't driving as smoothly and having checked my fuel trim values, bank 2 readings are at around +3%. And bank 1 readings are close to 0%. Would I be right in thinking that the increased percentage in bank 2 is due to the plugs?
325 o1 manual
Should I change the plugs then?
I would if it were me.
Should I change the plugs then?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.