Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Cool! :thumbup:

I don't know if you were even trying, but that silver E46M3 was kinda' hard to catch, wasn't it? :D

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Cool! :thumbup:

I don't know if you were even trying, but that silver E46M3 was kinda' hard to catch, wasn't it? :D
That E46 was fast :yikes:

I am suprised at how quickly it ran away from the M coupe, but it was on race tires. I would expect the M3 to be a bit faster anyways, better suspension, longer legs, and less drag.

Nice vids, AC! Fast car! :thumbup:

edit: what kind of E36 was it that you passed? M3?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually what happened is that after the late pass I was in second gear instead of third and I lost momentum coming onto the straight, so it's not as bad as it seems but the shorter gearing of the 6 speed and larger rims helped as well. On a normal lap I would make up the top speed advantage with better braking, but not enough to pass him! The e46 M3 is very good car, it is very easy to drive close to the limit. The Coupe is a little less forgiving:thumbup:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
AC said:
Actually what happened is that after the late pass I was in second gear instead of third and I lost momentum coming onto the straight, so it's not as bad as it seems but the shorter gearing of the 6 speed and larger rims helped as well. On a normal lap I would make up the top speed advantage with better braking, but not enough to pass him! The e46 M3 is very good car, it is very easy to drive close to the limit. The Coupe is a little less forgiving:thumbup:
I'll bet that long section on the speedway really helps cool the brakes down too :thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Absolutely awesome! I did the pocono long course last year with my modded Maxima. It was a rainy day so we only got 1 race in, and it was my absolutel favorite of all the courses there.

Side note... that 8.5 meg file downloaded at about 550K/sec. I've never seen my cable internet work so fast!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts