BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Drives cars for a living!
Joined
·
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a polish cutting action chart. There are so many products out there and it is really hard to tell what is what.

For instance, I have been using 1Z paint polish then AIO...is this ok, or should I do a step in between. I would also like to find something a bit more abrasive to try once to see if I can get out some scratches that just won't go away. A chart that shows cutting action would help me and others out a lot.
 

· Spelling Impaired
Joined
·
5,719 Posts
Test_Engineer said:
anyone have a polish cutting action chart. There are so many products out there and it is really hard to tell what is what.

For instance, I have been using 1Z paint polish then AIO...is this ok, or should I do a step in between. I would also like to find something a bit more abrasive to try once to see if I can get out some scratches that just won't go away. A chart that shows cutting action would help me and others out a lot.
ProperAutoCare.com has one here with the products they carry that might help. I found it useful.
 

· Drives cars for a living!
Joined
·
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Desertnate said:
ProperAutoCare.com has one here with the products they carry that might help. I found it useful.
I have seen that one before. The biggest problem I have is that none of the ones I have found have 1Z or Klasse products on them. I was hoping some of our fellow germans might have something to compare 1Z and Klasse to other products. I guess that is the price you pay for using products outside the normal relm of US customers.
 

· Spelling Impaired
Joined
·
5,719 Posts
Test_Engineer said:
I have seen that one before. The biggest problem I have is that none of the ones I have found have 1Z or Klasse products on them. I was hoping some of our fellow germans might have something to compare 1Z and Klasse to other products. I guess that is the price you pay for using products outside the normal relm of US customers.
Since Zaino is only sold in one place, I doubt it would be found on any comparison chart unless it would be something along the lines of comsumer report or some industry journal. As you pointed out, neither have that big of a customer base.

Having used Klasse AIO, I can say it is VERY mild...along the lines of the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. It makes a very nice wet look and shines up the paint real nicely, but doesn't touch small imperfections like swirls.

This year I added Meguires #9 applied by a random orbital before the AIO and got some amazing results. Nearly all the swirls are gone.
 

· Drives cars for a living!
Joined
·
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Desertnate said:
Since Zaino is only sold in one place, I doubt it would be found on any comparison chart unless it would be something along the lines of comsumer report or some industry journal. As you pointed out, neither have that big of a customer base.
.
SORRY..when I say 1Z, I mean einszett(1Z in German), not Zaino products. I have never used Zaino products, but might switch when my Einszett stuff is all gone, since I have to order it directly now just like I would have to with Zaino.

EDIT: just did a bit of reasearch on Zaino...guess I still need an actual polish, as Zaino only works for good condition paints..i.e. polished already.
 

· racer wannabe
Joined
·
3,317 Posts
Test_Engineer,
I thought I'll chime in since I also use 1Z products. There is no need to give up on them just yet, they have one of the best polishes I've ever tried. Looking at this chart I'd say that 1Z Paint Polish (green can) is a bit more aggressive than 3M Swirl Mark Remover or Meg's No. 9 but it's in the same category. 1Z Ultra Polish (yellow can) is around 6 on that scale but it's less aggressive than 3M's fine cut rubbing compound. I haven't used their Metallic Polish (red can) but from what I've heard it's similar to P21S GEPC.

I don't think you need anything between 1Z paint polish and AIO, that polish creates very nice gloss. If you want something more aggressive I'd try their Ultra polish or Meg's Dual Action Cleaner/Polish No. 83. Keep in mind that some swirls and scratches can't be removed with PC (orbital), you'll need rotary buffer.
 

· BMW + twisty road = fun
Joined
·
5,938 Posts
I like to use Groits Machine Polishes.

#1 (medium) For oxidized paint and moderate scratches.
#2 (mild) For scratches and deeper swirl marks.
#3 (finest) For swirl marks and light scratches.

The lowest I have ever used was the #2 followed up by the #3.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top