27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
European Auto Source
890 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Why is it that all the LED kits look "blueish"? My CCFL's are more pure white (I have 6000k). I actually like the look, I'm just wondering.....

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
Why is it that all the LED kits look "blueish"? My CCFL's are more pure white (I have 6000k). I actually like the look, I'm just wondering.....
Well that's just the difference...the CCFLs are more of a pure white. Depends on what look you prefer.

·
a man made of men like me
839 Posts
Well that's just the difference...the CCFLs are more of a pure white. Depends on what look you prefer.
I have had the CCFL Predator Chromiums from Jlevi SW as well and couldnt be happier. I agree with Smlock, those guys are a great organization with A+ customer service. Not to mention Nick is on the fest more than most of us and is VERY accessible.

(i dont work for them but i wish i did;))

·
839 Posts
just realized i have been spelling your UN wrong SMOLCK...this is an official public apology...

Edit: wtf is that anyway, an acronym?

·
839 Posts
i dont know about the more recent models but from what i have heard, the CI's you have to bake the heallight houseing to soften the adhesive that holds the lense to the housing.

It sounds scary but its really simple chemistry. The adhesive has a lower melting point than the plastic that the housing is made from. As long as you have your oven set to the right temp and expose it for the correct amount of time it is really a very simple process, the adhesive softens to a point where you can pull the lens right off. It gets stringy so have a cutting device at hand to cut the string cheese. Do a search for a DIY and you will see what i mean. I did this to my since deceased 1994 Acura Legend GS a few years ago and the process went quite smoothly...dont ask why i had to do this. good luck

·
**** - 2001 BMW 330i
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My vote is the MyCarr 62 LED Kit for $129 ;)
Sorry its been so long for me to get back onto the thread and respond to all of your great posts, but now i finally have some time to respond to you guys....

Nick... do you have any pictures (installation, whats included in the kit, some project cars these MyCarr 62 LED angel eyes)? i just want to see what they look like so i can compare them with the picutres shown above from EAS...

also, i heard that jlevisw is in santa clara. im from san jose and was wondering if you guys have a physical shop where i can walk into and possibly see these angel eyes in action... i should be able to make my decision for all my lighting issues...

in my other thread...http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312572
i am talking about completely upgrading my entire lighting setup:
-HIDs
-Projectors (w/ housings if needed.... hopefully silver housings like what i currently have)
-Angel Eyes
-Fog Lights

if i can go to your shop and see some demos, id help me make up my mind... and hopefully finish all of these mods by the end of september...

·
**** - 2001 BMW 330i
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Take a look at our angel eyes, they're just stunning. I'll let the pictures do the talking :)

e2 - aurora 60LED Angel Eye Kit - 3 Series/M3 99-06
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=1883

If you have any questions feel free to PM me :)
hey [email protected] im happy you saw this thread... i wanted to ask you something slightly off topic... EAS is currently selling an APEXCONE 55W hid kit at the current price of $225... while on the other hand.... DDM tuning is selling (what seems to be) the same APEXCONE 55W hid kit at more than half your price ($75)... both you (EAS) and DDM tuning provide lifetime warranties... can you please justify your pricing on this hid kit, or if DDMs kit is not the same as yours... im not trying to blast EAS here... i just want to know if these kits are EXACTLY the same or not.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts

Edit: wtf is that anyway, an acronym?
1st initial, last name....when I originally registered I thought that was just my login, and my "handle" was supposed to be "bamafan323" but I screwed it up somehow.

Oh well, spent about 12 hours watching football today! How bout that TIDE?!!

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Some quotes to sway your decision:
bbqbob said:
Got my set a few weeks ago and installed them along with updating my stock headlight units to OEM Xenon's. I have got to say they look fantastic! All the BMW's in my area are not looking as sharp. I can't thank to people at UMNITZA enough for helping me through a grounding issue I had during my install. Great product and fantastic customer service.

2001 330ci Senia Red Vert w/saddle leather interior
leletyM3 said:
Those are the Umnitza, in my personal opinion those one are much better than the EAS, and yes they are way brighter than the chromium and that wat I had before putting on those new LEDs one.....

You can ask anyone that have seen my car last friday .... those are much brighter!!
These are brighter then EAS I saw them side by side in person

But both trump all the old Predator and MYCARR for sure
I placed an order. I installed a kit for ItaliaM3 last night

They were so bright and looked so good that I had to place an order for version two and replace the Chromium lights I had

I also have seen the V1 in person and the V2 is possibly 50% brighter, its that good.
I agree. Orion V2 are engineered very well. So bright! :thumbsup2:
I just installed mine. These are bright!

The product is really good quality overall, and the clipping system is great.
OK, finally got a couple of non-enhanced pics up of my V2's. These are awesome IMO. Definitely turned some heads. Pics don't do them justice.
JoeyEsq said:
i've always knew this was going to be one of the best mods i've done to my car.

orion v2 (60 led) - $140
smoked corners - $50
All eyes on me - Priceless...

This is one of the cheapest mod and it truly only take 45 mins and i am an amateur..
1024m3 said:
I installed mine today...they are soooo much brighter than my chromiums! I thought my chromiums looked great until I installed the V2's on one side and compared them. Night and day...pictures do not do them justice. My chromiums looked like they were yellow and barely turned on.
I like the way they are thicker and feel less fragile. Installation was a breeze.
I highly recommend these bad boys!
Thanks Matt
6000k fogs

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
I actually think they are too bright, the ring is too thick, and color is too blue. I'd just like a pair of OEM-looking rings to match my OEM 4300K xenons.
Speak with Nick at Jlevisw.com......he'll hook you up!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts