Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
I like it. And if it didn't cost what it costs, I'd love to have one. Until then, mountain bike gets disassembled and thrown in the trunk whenever I want to go for a bike ride somewhere. :(

Porsche has one too. It's even more expensive than the BMW one.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've got 2 now apparently. One for $995, and another for $3995. That's the only thing I miss about my ti, being able to pop the front wheel and toss the bike in the back hatch was great.

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
Topaz330xi said:
They've got 2 now apparently. One for $995, and another for $3995. That's the only thing I miss about my ti, being able to pop the front wheel and toss the bike in the back hatch was great.
I love the fully suspended setup. I have yet to ride one. I'm not a ride-off-the-side-of-a-mountain guy, so it looks like it could take most of what I'd want it to do.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I'm in the market for a mountain bike and I've been really tempted by the cheaper of the two ($999). I don't see spending $4K on the better bike for the way I would use it, but I do admire the engineering that went into it.

I just wish 'BMW' wasn't stamped so big into the sides. It's not that I don't like the BMW, but I don't feel the need to let everyone in the world know what it is when I ride by - and it seems like an unnecessarily large advertisement IMHO. :dunno:

If it wasn't for that, I probably would have bought it already. As it stands I'm still on the fence.

As an aside, can you get a discount on one of those with BMWCCA membership? :D

--SONET

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
alee said:
I like it. And if it didn't cost what it costs, I'd love to have one. Until then, mountain bike gets disassembled and thrown in the trunk whenever I want to go for a bike ride somewhere. :(

Porsche has one too. It's even more expensive than the BMW one.
My dealer had two. I was tempted to buy one, but I agree with Al: too much $$$... :( I'll keep riding my Mongoose until the wheels fall off... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts