Bimmerfest BMW banner

Who is/was your favorite basketball player?

  • Jerry West

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Jordan

    Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Wilt Chamberlain

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magic Johnson

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Larry Bird

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • other

    Votes: 7 35.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
22,730 Posts
Okay, I'm about to say something very controversial:

Why does the Media and fans celebrate a famous BB player who happens to have aids because he:

A) Cheated on his wife
B) Cheated on her by "doing hookers"
C) Possibly could have exposed his wife to a life threatening virus

I don't understand society. To me this person in question falls out of the "respect" catagory for me. You bang a hooker and cheat on your wife, your no "hero" of mine.
 

·
Traffic Surgeon
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Ok, here's one I can answer. I was a huge fan of MJ pretty much from his rookie season on with the Bulls and those old corny uniforms that had 'Bulls' in script. Back in the day of Dave Corzine and Granville Waiters... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ripsnort said:
Okay, I'm about to say something very controversial:

Why does the Media and fans celebrate a famous BB player who happens to have aids because he:

A) Cheated on his wife
B) Cheated on her by "doing hookers"
C) Possibly could have exposed his wife to a life threatening virus

I don't understand society. To me this person in question falls out of the "respect" catagory for me. You bang a hooker and cheat on your wife, your no "hero" of mine.
Magic shouldn't be a hero because of all these things. I was a huge Magic fan while he was playing and I lost a lot of respect for him when the entire HIV thing came out. Not because he had HIV, but because of the lifestyle he lived. I will always be a fan of how Magic played the game, but have very little if any respect for Magic the man.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
214 Posts
:mad:

LMAO, I suppose I can see the connection to your colorful personafications.

For some reason when I was a kid, I never watched basketball and for 2-3 years I'd happen upon the NBA finals and get caught up in the melee between the Lakers and Celts. I always liked the Lakers better but they would somehow let the Celtics get the better of them, at least when I watched and it was Ainge and McHale who were the largest pains in the ass for Riley.

Both those teams were great though.

Did you ever catch the episode of Cheers where they were counting all the nails in the flooring of MSG with McHale?

:mad:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
22,730 Posts
MOE said:


Magic shouldn't be a hero because of all these things. I was a huge Magic fan while he was playing and I lost a lot of respect for him when the entire HIV thing came out. Not because he had HIV, but because of the lifestyle he lived. I will always be a fan of how Magic played the game, but have very little if any respect for Magic the man.
I agree with you, respect for his gameplay, but no respect for a role model (and YES, if your a big sports star, whether you like it or not, you ARE a role model)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
214 Posts
:mad:

MOE, there is the ultimate whiny white guy. Lambeer of the Detroit Pistons. Now I really loved to watch this guy play! Or rather watch him flop!


:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Razzmatazz said:
:mad:

MOE, there is the ultimate whiny white guy. Lambeer of the Detroit Pistons. Now I really loved to watch this guy play! Or rather watch him flop!


:mad:
He's going to be a WNBA head coach. That should be funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ripsnort said:


I agree with you, respect for his gameplay, but no respect for a role model (and YES, if your a big sports star, whether you like it or not, you ARE a role model)
Like Sir Charles. BTW, I think Charles is a riot. A jerk sometimes, but a riot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,204 Posts
neither wilt or magic should be anyones hero imho, i heard rumors about MJ but in pure basketball playing MJ = da best


Da Bullz
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top