BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Poll:How long did your Michelin Pilot Sports last?

• 0-10,000 miles

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 10,000-15,000 miles

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 15,000-20,000 miles

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • 20,000-25,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
great tires!...i use them aggressively around corners but 75% of its on hwy and 25% city...i was just wondering how long they would last. thanx in advance. sorry i don't know how to do the fancy polls with choices and so forth...but this gets the job done.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I also drive about 80% highway, ave about 80mph, and take corners aggresively. I have about 10K on the tires, and there's lots of tread left. At the present wear rate, I should see another 10-15K.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be happy if i can get 20k out of them....i know they are made from a very soft compound...my driveway has tire tracks all over the place...but i've got 4400 miles on my car currently and i hope they last another 15k w/o problems. I love the tires though, if they last 20k i might just invest in another set, i know they are $$$ but i think they are worth it....of course my opinion is biased towards michelin...so3s or kuhmos might be a better alternative in terms of $$$...so3s are only slightly cheaper but the kuhmos you get both for the price of one michelin...thats crazy!!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have about 15K on them, with a tire pressure of 42f/40/r, which i drive moderately to aggressively (i like to take those freeway off-ramps rather quickly). they seem to be holding up well, but they are really noisy at low speeds. i give them another 5-7K before i start thinking about replacing them.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
I had to replace my front tires (replaced 1, swapped out the spare to match) at about 16k, but now at 21k my rears are finally dead. I only put 16-17k on them since I swapped out the snows for the winter, but still that's not too bad for the rears in my opinion. I'll be replacing them very shortly. ;)

I figure the fronts will outlast the new set of rear tires, or at least be damn close. At that point it'll be perfect timing for a new set of 4 tires, and once my lease is up those 4 tires should still be in working condition!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.