Bimmerfest BMW banner

How Many Miles did you put on your car the first week after taking delivery?

• 0 - 250 Miles (0 - 400 Km)

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • 250 - 500 Miles (400 Km - 800 Km)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • 500 - 750 Miles (800 Km - 1,200 Km)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 750+ Miles (1,200+ Km)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Too Busy Driving to Notice

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Haven't Taken Delivery Yet

Votes: 4 8.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
You forgot the Mike325xi option.................1 year 1000 miles:rolleyes: :)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Ackster said:

Seriously?! :yikes:
12/12/00 delivery
5300 miles
this was as of March 29, 2002

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ackster said:
I was just curious how many miles people put on their car the first week after you took delivery.

For me I put over 750 miles on mine.
Got it with 6 miles in Munich. Drove it to Nice, France for a total of 966 miles.
:p
--gary

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
I did about 650 IIRC, not too bad! With my previous car, '00 Civic Si, I had over 1200 in one week.

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
I did ED... Picked up on a Tuesday in Munich (with 4 miles indicated), dropped off the following Monday in Amsterdam. 1494 miles shown at dropoff.

I now have ~9300 miles almost 1 year later, so my weekly milage has dropped quite a bit ;-)

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
Nat Brown said:

You went the long way! :D

--gary
I prefer "round about"... I thought I'd only drive about 1000 miles total, but ended up getting to 1150 with 2 days to go, so decided to take a side trip that got me back into Germany and a top speed run... Here's the Itinerary:

Day 0 - Arrived in Munich -- took a nice long walk through Englisher Garten... Lunch at the "Seehouse" biergarten...

Day 1 - ED, visit to the 4 Cylinders and my old apartment that I lived in when I did an internship for BMW in '92 (about 3 blocks from Werk 1). Did a day trip right after that to Neuschwanstein, then back to Munich for the night.

Day 2 - to Stuttgart via Lake Constance -- 1/2 autobahn 1/2 small roads. Actually had a meeting for work in Stuttgart for 3 hours.

Day 3 - to Frankfurt via Heidelburg and the Neckar valley.

Day 4 - picked up my girfriend at the Frankfurt Airport and cruised over towards Wiesbaden and up the Rhein to a castle hotel.

Day 5 - Rhein and Mosel Valley drives and put-putting around looking at castles. Spent the night in Trier

Day 6 - Longest day of driving -- Drove to Aachen to see the Cathedral and then Bergen Op Zoom, NL. Happened to bump into a friend by chance -- I worked in BOZ (as Bergen Op Zoom is called) for a summer in '99. He was surprised. Also did an after dinner drive out to the coast and a nice beach for sunset.

Day 7 - Was going to hit 1200 miles and took the long route to Amsterdam -- drove back to Germany (almost back to Dusseldorf). Did 2 top speed runs (134 indicated with the speed govenor kicking in while accelerating decently). Barely made it to the drop off near the Amsterdam airport before they closed and running out of gas (I missed one turn)!

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
I broke mine in in the first week so about 1000 miles. I was tired of driving like a granny everywhere so I wanted it over ASAP.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Just under 250 here. Winter weather returned right after I took delivery and I wasn't interested in slippin and slide-in on performance tires.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
ObD said:
Just under 250 here. Winter weather returned right after I took delivery and I wasn't interested in slippin and slide-in on performance tires.
Not fun! :p

·
Confused.
4,941 Posts
estimate

Its going to be an estimate since I just recieved it Thursday. 250-500

·
Registered
75 Posts
Geez I thought I had a lot of miles. It is been 12 days and I have ONLY 440 miles. Looks like I will have to pick up the pace.:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts