BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How often do you fill the windshield washer reservoir?

• Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a month

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Bi-monthly

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Once a quarter

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Once a year

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Never

Votes: 7 35.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had to add any washer fluid to my reservoir since I've picked up the car 2.5 month ago. BTW I have the CWP with the headlight washers. Just checked it this evening and I'm getting low finally. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Driving my 3rd BMW and I've never added a drop. My dealership takes good care of me and fills it when I'm there for a summer/snow tire swap or getting the oil changed, etc.;)

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
After 13 months and 12,700 mi, I'm still over half full with the original clear fluid from the factory. We hardly had any nasty roads here in Pittsburgh this winter :thumb: :thumb:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Only twice since I got the car

The resivour is huge :yikes:

But, I think the dealer has topped it off when it was serviced a few times :dunno:

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
just in case nobody caught my post last week about clear washer fluid, the product to get is 20/10 concentrate- search the archives.

·
10,856 Posts
At least once a month, usually twice.

·
10,856 Posts
Four times a month, actually. The rear resevoir is separate and runs out at different times. :p

·
B zzzz ZZZZZZZ zzzz
226 Posts
I had to add a 4 litre jug within 2 weeks of bringing it home. If it wasn't for the fact I looked under the hood (who wouldn't?) when I got it home to check every thing out, and "knew" the washer reservoir was full, I would have sworn the dealer gave me the car with it empty.

I find it goes through it like crazy when the headlights are on. Like driving through a rainstorm.

Oh well, Canadian Tire money goes for a torque wrench, Petro Points to washer fluid.

·
5,820 Posts
Almost never. I clean my windows at night with glass cleaner if needed. The car is also washed quite often. Thus, the only time I use the windshield washers is in the dead of winter when the salt spray is awful. I think I topped it off once in the year I've owned the car.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
For six months of year (called winter here), I fill it up weekly.

For the other six months of the year (spring, summer, fall), I fill it up once.

I went through 20 liters of fluid from mid-December to April. And I didn't drink any of it. :yikes:

Patrick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts