Bimmerfest BMW banner

Poll-If you had to do it over again(or if it's your first time)-Cpe,Sedan,Conv or Wgn

• Sedan

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Coupe

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Convertible

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Wagon

Votes: 7 8.4%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to buy your E46 all over again, would you get a Coupe, Sedan, Convertible or Wagon

In my case I think I would get the sedan, though the Convertible has been a thought as well as another Coupe . . . so basically it depends on my mood of the day !?!?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
If cost were no object and I could afford another car, I'd get a coupe. If I were in the same situation I'm in now, I'd stick to the wagon.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Coupe, again :thumbup:

There was no wagon or cabrio E46 when I bought. Acutally, no coupes yet when I ordered :p

I like the cabrio a lot though, lots of fun. Bodyflex bothers me, as does the fact that most driving schools don't allow them. One in Houston does though....

·
Registered
783 Posts
Re: Poll-If you had to do it over again(or if it's your first time)-Cpe,Sedan,Conv or Wgn

Alan F said:
If you had to buy your E46 all over again, would you get a Coupe, Sedan, Convertible or Wagon

In my case I think I would get the sedan, though the Convertible has been a thought as well as another Coupe . . . so basically it depends on my mood of the day !?!?
Hey Alan,

I like the sedan too, but the coupe is so nice looking and sportier, why do you want to go to a sedan? Is it for practical purposes and transporting people around? Just curious. I would love to get the sedan, but I need those 4 doors for practical purposes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If it has to be an e46, then I'd probably go back to a sedan. The convertible is fun, it perfectly matched what I thought I was looking for at the time. In a perfect world, I'd have a 330i or 530i with sp and a manual as a daily driver, and then I'd have a drop top sports car for fun. Like an older 911 or an S2000.

·
10,856 Posts
I'm not buying another BMW if it's from the current lineup.
I'm staying with wagons, though. We'll see what the next batch of Bimmer wagons is like. Maybe they'll offer something with decent power. I've been spending too much time driving the WRX lately. :p All I can think, getting into my car is "oink, oink."

·
KWiK
223 Posts
Without a doubt, another sedan :thumbup:

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Poll-If you had to do it over again(or if it's your first time)-Cpe,Sedan,Conv or Wgn

bmwguynj said:

Hey Alan,
I like the sedan too, but the coupe is so nice looking and sportier, why do you want to go to a sedan? Is it for practical purposes and transporting people around? Just curious. I would love to get the sedan, but I need those 4 doors for practical purposes.
My mind changes from moment to moment lately . . . yesterday I was set on getting a Convertible and trading in both my cars. Then I drove my Coupe this morning and started to think, do I really need the Convertible . . . it's heavier, is not as quick, doesn't handle as well and probably has a much louder ride . . . in other words the only benefit would be a top that comes off and I'm from New York where more then half the year is NOT convertible weather.

Anyway, then I started to think, maybe just buy a 2003 Coupe or sedan. I think I would be able to use my car more often if I had a sedan because on the weekends we always use my wife's Odyssey (I have 2 little kids in carseats) so both my cars don't get driven too often (on the weekends)

Then on my drive home from my office today, I was loving my coupe but if I bought a new E46 would I want to have the same exact car again . . . not really.

Plus the sedan without the rear folding seat has a more solid feel and it would be nice to have a change ...

Don't ask me again tomorrow because I would probably go with the Coupe because it is definitely the best and most sporting looking of the bunch !!!

Ok, ok, I admit it, I can't make up my mind . . . :D :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
definitly a coupe. but, don't get me started.....wife said we should get AWD, but now she never wants to drive it..:thumbdwn:

Should have ordered a coupe.

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Poll-If you had to do it over again(or if it's your first time)-Cpe,Sedan,Conv or Wgn

Alan F said:

My mind changes from moment to moment lately . . . yesterday I was set on getting a Convertible and trading in both my cars. Then I drove my Coupe this morning and started to think, do I really need the Convertible . . . it's heavier, is not as quick, doesn't handle as well and probably has a much louder ride . . . in other words the only benefit would be a top that comes off and I'm from New York where more then half the year is NOT convertible weather.

Anyway, then I started to think, maybe just buy a 2003 Coupe or sedan. I think I would be able to use my car more often if I had a sedan because on the weekends we always use my wife's Odyssey (I have 2 little kids in carseats) so both my cars don't get driven too often (on the weekends)

Then on my drive home from my office today, I was loving my coupe but if I bought a new E46 would I want to have the same exact car again . . . not really.

Plus the sedan without the rear folding seat has a more solid feel and it would be nice to have a change ...

Don't ask me again tomorrow because I would probably go with the Coupe because it is definitely the best and most sporting looking of the bunch !!!

Ok, ok, I admit it, I can't make up my mind . . . :D :D

LOL! You're as bad as I am.

330CI, no M3, no Z350, no 540i, no X5, no Z coupe, no G35, no E36M3, no E34... new car thought for every day of the week and almost every hour of the day.

There is just way too much good stuff coming out in the next year to make a decision today. The M3 would be my decision if #1: a sedan came out or #2: A not so high-strung engine would come out.

But then there are days like today when the weather is so disgusting (which it is more often than not in Toronto) that the mind wanders back to an X5!

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
nate328Ci said:

No choice?

:dunno:
That would be my choice if I had a beater to drive to work.:D

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Re: Re: Re: Poll-If you had to do it over again(or if it's your first time)-Cpe,Sedan,Conv or Wg

JPinTO said:

LOL! You're as bad as I am.

330CI, no M3, no Z350, no 540i, no X5, no Z coupe, no G35, no E36M3, no E34... new car thought for every day of the week and almost every hour of the day.

There is just way too much good stuff coming out in the next year to make a decision today. The M3 would be my decision if #1: a sedan came out or #2: A not so high-strung engine would come out.

But then there are days like today when the weather is so disgusting (which it is more often than not in Toronto) that the mind wanders back to an X5!
In my case at least they are all the same basic car, in yours it's even tougher because you are choosing among different brands/types . . . though I have been thinking of just keeping my Bimmer and trading the Mitsu for a newer model (possibly even brand new) :D :D

Or should I just get an Acura RSX instead of the mitsu :dunno:
That car is so damn cheap, it's a bargain!!!

heh heh, heh . . . decisions, decisions, decisions !!!

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
I want a sedan for my wife, but every once in a while I think we should buy a wagon just to be practical. However, I don't think it's really worth a $2,400 premium over the sedan for cargo space we might need once or twice a year. For that kind of money, we can rent a minivan every time we really need one and still get the sedan we would rather own.

The next car I buy for myself will be a coupe.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts