BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

With or without front lip?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
not surprised majority voted for the lip. seems people just want anything that isn't stock, regardless of form, function and/or lack thereof

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
I voted against for two reasons.
1. The design doesn't fit the car or match the color. You could improve the look by having it professionally painted to match the paint.
2. It hangs low and will scrape on low curbs and driveways. If you drive in snow it will get hung up quickly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I voted against for two reasons.
1. The design doesn't fit the car or match the color. You could improve the look by having it professionally painted to match the paint.
2. It hangs low and will scrape on low curbs and driveways. If you drive in snow it will get hung up quickly.
I agree with both of these points. But if the OP does leave it on (in unpainted form) then it could function as a sort of disposable curb bumper to protect the rest of the front fascia.

·
Registered
BMW 320d F31 M
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well... its like on smartphones: what's the use of buying a fancy looking, feather light mobile phone and then put an big, heavy, "ugly" cover to protect it from scratches?

Paint a bumper = 200€
Lip = 100 to 200€

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
I agree with both of these points. But if the OP does leave it on (in unpainted form) then it could function as a sort of disposable curb bumper to protect the rest of the front fascia.
It hangs so low that a few trips over a curb could cause it to pull and damage the bumper. Better to just stay aware of curbs.

·
Registered
BMW 320d F31 M
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That may be. You have gotten plenty of information. Whether the very low bumper lip makes sense for your car is your choice.
You are right. Personally I like it without.

It was interesting to see that the overall taste is 50-50. I thought that in this forum the trend would be more towards the racing look. This proves me wrong :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts