BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Would The F10 Benefit From LED Headlights/DRL's?

• Nope, They're beginning to look like a low budget Transformers movie

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • Absolutely, they're really cool and add a certain je ne sais quoi to the car's looks

Votes: 11 17.2%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...You know, like Audis, MB's, Chryslers, Camaros, and pretty much anything else with four wheels these days?

·
Registered
315 Posts
...You know, like Audis, MB's, Chryslers, Camaros, and pretty much anything else with four wheels these days?
That's the problem. When you start seeing civics with LED headlights, you know they are getting too played out. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the problem. When you start seeing civics with LED headlights, you know they are getting too played out. :dunno:
Yup. While everyone and their grandmother is throwing LED's on the fronts of Chevrolet Suburbans and Honda Fits, BMW's immediately recognizable and unique angel eyes (especially since they've done away with those awful looking halogen angel eyes) will never be duplicated.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
Classic Angels Eyes :thumbup: Trendy LEDs :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I think I'm missing something here... I thought our angel eyes (how stunning btw) are also LEDs so I'm not getting this question... Of course we would benefit - we already have them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think I'm missing something here... I thought our angel eyes (how stunning btw) are also LEDs so I'm not getting this question... Of course we would benefit - we already have them.
Nope.

LED light is a semiconductor light source.

While our angel eyes are Xenon headlights, which are lamps that contain xenon gas.

And yeah I agree our angel eyes look way more unique and better looking than LED headlights.

OMFG that is horrible!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question, since the F10 actually has LED DRLs (at least if you have the Xenon headlights).

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question, since the F10 actually has LED DRLs (at least if you have the Xenon headlights).
He is talking about the Audi style stock LED headlights.

These things:

Started by Audi

Mercedes got on it too

Of course Lexus follow

So did Porsche

Also Range Rover ...

Than Chrysler ....

Even Kia .....

Last but not least, BMW 6 series ......

I sure as hell hope those stuff don't make it onto our 5 series.

·
Registered
99 Posts
He is talking about the Audi style stock LED headlights.

These things:

[I sure as hell hope those stuff don't make it onto our 5 series.
In this case the answer is no, thanks very much.

·
In Heaven
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know I was thrown into confusion when I first saw the new BMW 6 series. Both Angel eyes AND LED Headlights AND LED fog lights ? What were they thinking !!! Looks like a mess ! :dunno:
Words fail me at a time like this. Just awful beyond belief.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.