Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm getting a poping sound from my HK Sub. It's very intermitent but quite loud when it does happen. It Almost sounds like a loose ground, but if that were the case, I would hear it more often. As of now, I've only heard it a few times. It doesn't matter if the radio is on or off, nor does it matter if the car is in motion or at a standstill. Turning off the car and restarting does not resolve the problem. After a while, (sometimes a day or two), it will stop for a week or so and then starts again.

Does anyone have any idea's on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
X2K

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let me revive this tread because I just bought a used 330ci that pops exactly like you describe.

I thought it was one of the two speakers in the truck but after a closer look if I would tap the subwoofer enclosure it would make it pop more. So I took apart the small amp that drives the two 6x9's and found that an Inductor coil had come loose on the board and the when the bass hit it would rattle the loose connection and cause it to rattle.
I have attempted twice to re-solder the loose Inductor coil but it keeps rattling loose from the bass. So I'm now going to try to find a similiar coil at a local speaker repair shop and pop it in to replace the old one.
I haven't tried pricing a new amp from BMW, that will be my last step if I can't get it to work....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts