BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in munich now. Can you please pm me the name of a good restaurant to eat whole roasted pork knuckle? Indiciations of which u-bahn stop would be also appreciated.

TIA,

Chris.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm looking for a place where they serve the whole knuckle that they have roasting.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Probably the most famous is Haxnbauer (Muenzstrasse 2), a short walk from Marienplatz. (They also have veal hocks.)

·
Running around in circles
3,638 Posts
Donisl ftmfw :thumbup::bigpimp::yummy:
It's right in front of the subway entrance in Marienplatz :)

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
I'm in munich now. Can you please pm me the name of a good restaurant to eat whole roasted pork knuckle? Indiciations of which u-bahn stop would be also appreciated.

TIA,

Chris.
Aint that kindda like looking for chinese food in Chinatown??!!:eeps:

:p

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks - I was actually planning on Haxnbauer (had read about it before but didn't recall it until b-y's post), but actually ended up at Augustiner on passing as hunger gave way. I had already eaten at zur Brezn this trip, so wanted an additional different place.

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
they all sell pork knuckle in munich. just remember to visit hoffbrau haus :thumbup:

·
Running around in circles
3,638 Posts
Thanks folks - I was actually planning on Haxnbauer (had read about it before but didn't recall it until b-y's post), but actually ended up at Augustiner on passing as hunger gave way. I had already eaten at zur Brezn this trip, so wanted an additional different place.
How was it?

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
I always like the bier brat'l over at Weisses Brauhaus (Schneider). They make great food and bier!:thumbup:

·
Registered
868 Posts
What does pork knuckle taste like?

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
What does pork knuckle taste like?
See I am not sure if people are talking knuckles or shanks here either, that picture looked more like shank.... But basically it is tender pork surrounded by cracklin'. If I wanted to be fat and die early I would eat it everyday... seriously!

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aint that kindda like looking for chinese food in Chinatown??!!:eeps:

:p
The problem is that not every chinese restaurant in chinatown is excellent - I'm thinking the same could be said about Bavarian restaurants.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How was it?
It was pretty good. High points were the freshness of the beer, and flavor of the meat. Negatives were the crackling was a little tough, and the food was VERY salty. I still prefer zur Brezn over Augustiner, so will try the others next time.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
It was pretty good. High points were the freshness of the beer, and flavor of the meat. Negatives were the crackling was a little tough, and the food was VERY salty. I still prefer zur Brezn over Augustiner, so will try the others next time.
For the record, I love Augustiner beer. :thumbup:

But I think The food and the ambieance is much better at Writhasu zur Brezn... Guess that's why that lil place is the cat's meow at Schwabing;)

http://www.zurbrezn.de/

·
Registered
384 Posts
See I am not sure if people are talking knuckles or shanks here either, that picture looked more like shank.... But basically it is tender pork surrounded by cracklin'. If I wanted to be fat and die early I would eat it everyday... seriously!
You will not get older. You will die young but at least you enjoyed some finer things in life. Enjoy everybody....:rofl:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it tastes like ham - with more flavor.
I thought more Ilike roast pork with a nice crispy skin. It's a shank cut. I'm all for Haxnhauer. We were standing outside -- they roast the haxen in a big rotisserie in the window -- and a German family came by, their son was beside himself when he saw them. No doubt this is a great treat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts