BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Go Gators
11,606 Posts

· Registered
5,438 Posts
The 997 GT3 is horrible for street driving, and the turbo is a much more tractable daily driver. For anyone who hasnt driven a 996 TT, it is still a phenomenal car, and will hand the ass to almost anything on the street, even 8 yrs later (including the current offerings from BMW). Aside from the air cooled mystique of the 993, and its awesome looking whale tale, the 996 is a better car for almost every purpose.
-Getz

· Registered
5,438 Posts
I am getting an 07 or 08 Turbo. I just have to be patient ><.
-Getz

· Registered
5,438 Posts
:thumbup:

A used 997.2 TT will be my next car.
I would love a 997.2 TT however would like to stay south of a 100k.
-Getz

· Registered
1,033 Posts
The 996 Turbo is a fabulous car - and very easily tunable if you ever felt the need to add more power. The only concern I'd have about that specific car is the incredibly low mileage. Porsche's are generally reasonably bulletproof, particularly cars with the GT1 block like the Turbo, but with just 8400 miles in 8 years you'll be buying a former garage queen and these cars (in my experience) seem to respond better to regular and reasonably spirited driving than minimal occasional usage.

· Senior Slacker
5,768 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.