BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and thx for reading my post. My problem is on my 2016 535i and the power port under the glove box has no power. I have already checked all fuses listed on fusebox sheet as power fuses (from the trunk) and these were fuses 54. 65, 108, 147, and 176. All of these are good. Is it possible this power port is on another fuse? Or there is an open circuit, but I am hoping the former.

thanks again

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Hi all and thx for reading my post. My problem is on my 2016 535i and the power port under the glove box has no power. I have already checked all fuses listed on fusebox sheet as power fuses (from the trunk) and these were fuses 54. 65, 108, 147, and 176. All of these are good. Is it possible this power port is on another fuse? Or there is an open circuit, but I am hoping the former.

thanks again
Try the fuse box behind the glove box. There's a little door back, right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
checked fuses

Hi, yes, I checked the fuses in the glove box. That is where fuses 54 and 65 reside and they are good. I checked the fuses 108, 147, and 176 in the trunk and they are good. I should have mentioned that I was reading the paper key that was "(in the trunk)" to get the listing of the power-related fuses. thx

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,417 Posts
Just to add to this and it may sound stupid but some people are unaware.
These ports are disabled when the car is not running.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Are you 100% sure the fuses are good? Sometimes it's hard to see a small break. I would get a good fuse and swap it in and out with the old just to make sure. That plug was dead on my 2014 also; turned out to be a blown fuse, though I don't remember which one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts