BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yup

Got one frrom mine.
Fairly simple to install - takes about an hour max.

Do it yourself and save the bucks.

Realy good quality stuff....... not just a add on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Event their salespeople say the same

Been to three different dealers and the sales folks all say the exact thing.

I really don't like the idea of having to "buy" items that are standard elsewhere.

I understand the need to keeping the price attractive....but as the saying goes.....If ______ can do it at that price, why can't....

Paying for fold down rear seats, center arm rest, metalic paint - heck even the big three no longer charge extra, etc....

The price we pay for the car we want I guess.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
everytime I see a BMW without an armrest I can't believe it...I think BMW has lost something.... maybe its mind?:lmao:
i dont have armrest in my car. i asked before ordering and lots of ppl said it was in the way when shifting and they left it up a lot. so i opted for no armrest. but i do think bmw rips us off on things a lot of other manus give standard (my BIGGEST gripe is roadside assistance not offered out of warranty and cd changer is cost option)

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
everytime I see a BMW without an armrest I can't believe it...I think BMW has lost something.... maybe its mind?:lmao:
LOL! I also love how a "safety" oriented manufacturer doesn't offer as standard a outside temperature readout. The sensor is on the car... but no readout without the optional "computer."

I paid the $400 to retrofit the "computer" just to get the temp display. That's the lamest computer I've ever seen. Other than DTE... it's a pitiful feature set. And it's only a different turn signal stalk witha button on it. How much would that have cost to add on standard... 1cents?

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
eugeneDC/TX said:

i dont have armrest in my car. i asked before ordering and lots of ppl said it was in the way when shifting and they left it up a lot. so i opted for no armrest. but i do think bmw rips us off on things a lot of other manus give standard (my BIGGEST gripe is roadside assistance not offered out of warranty and cd changer is cost option)
I find it weird to drive a car without the armrest. My arm is perfectly supported by the arm rest.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
nate328Ci said:

I find shifting much better with the armrest :dunno:
Hmmm, I'll have to check that out. Still haven't driven an E46 with one. It's just that my arm is almost resting on the console itself when in 2nd and 4th, so I don't think raising it would help matters.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Mystikal said:

Hmmm, I'll have to check that out. Still haven't driven an E46 with one. It's just that my arm is almost resting on the console itself when in 2nd and 4th, so I don't think raising it would help matters.
I have driven one WITHOUT an armrest. Just with mine folded up. I think it is more comfotable down. Nice to have something to rest on :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.