its a '92
it has 165,000 miles
its 4 door
it has cloth seats
he put in cd player in it
the seat back seat is a little torn
and it has a few dings on the side but nothing major
he is asking 3,800 dollars
also the car is automatic and the guy i may be buying it from owns a garage and work specificly on bmw
i was just wondering what you guys think
and what problems i should look for im going to test drive it today
thanks

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
bigeye said:
im 17 and im looking to buy a bmw
its a 325i
its a '92
it has 165,000 miles
its 4 door
it has cloth seats
he put in cd player in it
the seat back seat is a little torn
and it has a few dings on the side but nothing major
he is asking 3,800 dollars
also the car is automatic and the guy i may be buying it from owns a garage and work specificly on bmw
i was just wondering what you guys think
and what problems i should look for im going to test drive it today
thanks
It's hard to say without looking at the car in person of course, but I think that price is a little high. But I'm not an E30 expert (yet).

Also, in my opinion, BMWs (especially 3-series cars) are much more fun to drive with a 5-speed. Something you might want to consider. I sure with my first car had been a stick; that way I wouldn't have looked like such an idiot driving home my M3 last summer. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: possibly buying a '92 325i

Jetfire said:
It's hard to say without looking at the car in person of course, but I think that price is a little high. But I'm not an E30 expert (yet).

Also, in my opinion, BMWs (especially 3-series cars) are much more fun to drive with a 5-speed. Something you might want to consider. I sure with my first car had been a stick; that way I wouldn't have looked like such an idiot driving home my M3 last summer. :D
FYI, a '92 325i is an E36.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Re: Re: Re: possibly buying a '92 325i

TD said:
FYI, a '92 325i is an E36.
Oops! Didn't know that. Of course, that would be why my service manual lists '92 through '98. :banghead:

I still think the price is a little high, considering the mileage. And there are plenty of BMWs in that price range with manual transmissions, especially around big cities, so don't feel like you have to take this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i test drove it
OMG where do i start w/ the problems it shooc like mad it didnt accelerate worth a damn ...... the list goes on

wow bad car i hope someone else doesnt get it

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
bigeye said:
i test drove it
OMG where do i start w/ the problems it shooc like mad it didnt accelerate worth a damn ...... the list goes on

wow bad car i hope someone else doesnt get it
Hehe. You'll probably find better examples. With a car that old, maintenance makes a HUGE difference in the way it will drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts