BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, it occured to me I never posted pics after I took re-delivery! Sorry 'bout that. Here are a few taken the other day at the famous Red Rocks Ampitheater. Thanks to everyone who followed my progress from order to re-delivery! Your knowlege and wisdom has been invaluable.

Erik

·
Registered
384 Posts
That is gorgeous scenery and a gorgeous car! Glad you have it back!

·
Oberbayer
1,592 Posts
Do you still drive it with the ED plate on the back?

Alfred

·
Think Solar
477 Posts
Nice! Beautiful car!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
+1

Great pics, nice car! You are setting the bar pretty high for the rest of us in terms of providing pics of the car in the cool surroundings...

Good luck!

·
BMW for LIFE!
105 Posts
Absolutely beautiful, both the car AND the scenery! I'm sure you're happy now :)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you still drive it with the ED plate on the back?

Alfred
Yep, at least until Sept. 10th. In Colorado you get a temp (paper) plate when you purchase a new car that is good for 60 days. Once the title is ready, you can get regular plates. I re-fi'd after re-delivery, so my title isn't ready yet.

Erik

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Yep, at least until Sept. 10th. In Colorado you get a temp (paper) plate when you purchase a new car that is good for 60 days. Once the title is ready, you can get regular plates. I re-fi'd after re-delivery, so my title isn't ready yet.

Erik
+1

Here in California we also get temporary registration and drive without plates (takes from a few weeks to a few months). Temp. registration is good for 6 months!
I still have the ED rear plate on, but my CA told me some people get pulled by the cops and have to explain why they have those plates on...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hello all, it occured to me I never posted pics after I took re-delivery! Sorry 'bout that. Here are a few taken the other day at the famous Red Rocks Ampitheater. Thanks to everyone who followed my progress from order to re-delivery! Your knowlege and wisdom has been invaluable.

Erik

Nice pictures! I recognize the spot - I took photos of my rental Ford Explorer at that spot last summer!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Looks good Erik :thumbup: I know you're glad to have it back!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice pictures! I recognize the spot - I took photos of my rental Ford Explorer at that spot last summer!
Do ya come out this way often?

Looks good Erik :thumbup: I know you're glad to have it back!
Thanks, and yes I am!

Congrats Eric! Beautiful car. Just 6 to 8 more weeks for me!:)
I hope time passes quickly for you, it was nice to wait during the summer when so much is going on. Time flew by, until I knew it was at the VPC. Then, I swear it took forever! :rofl:

Erik

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
Great photos. Where exactly were they taken?

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Great photos. Where exactly were they taken?
Red Rocks Amphitheater, perhaps best know for U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday video which was shot there on a foggy and rainy June 5th, 1983.
Watch the video

Sure is! Great place to watch a concert. My house is 7 miles south of here at the base of the ridge (known as the hogback) on the left.

·
Love the 'Fest
731 Posts
man, I remember that U2 concert video....back when Bob's mullet was no big thing. Now I bet he cringes when he sees it.

·
CarSwami
806 Posts
Great pictures Erik. I am so glad that you car finally made it out to you and that you are enjoying it now.

CarSwami

·
Love the 'Fest
731 Posts
yes, bono, typo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts