Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 1261 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Last weekend - changed the brake pads. The front ones were worn almost to the metal.

This morning - added a bottle of water to the cooling system (there is still a tiny leak somewhere; most likely one of the old hoses).

·
SOCIETY OF 7'S
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last weekend - changed the brake pads. The front ones were worn almost to the metal.

This morning - added a bottle of water to the cooling system (there is still a tiny leak somewhere; most likely one of the old hoses).
I hope you find that leak. I know how that is. Been there done that.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I hope you find that leak. I know how that is. Been there done that.
I think I know where it is. The short S-curved hose that goes to the heater core:

But the leak is so small that I can't be bothered to fix it. I repaired and refilled the cooling system 500+ miles ago (new radiator, new water pump, new thermostat), and today was the first time I had to top it off.

·
SOCIETY OF 7'S
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I know where it is. The short S-curved hose that goes to the heater core:

But the leak is so small that I can't be bothered to fix it. I repaired and refilled the cooling system 500+ miles ago (new radiator, new water pump, new thermostat), and today was the first time I had to top it off.
Hate those little leaks very annoying.

·
Playing Mechanic At Home
895 Posts
Order a transmission dipstick adapter today... No more laying under the car trying to fill it while the damn thing is running with hot exhaust flowing by...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Order a transmission dipstick adapter today... No more laying under the car trying to fill it while the damn thing is running with hot exhaust flowing by...
I found a better solution. I did what BMW does - filled the transmission with new fluid and declared it "lifetime". :D

·
Playing Mechanic At Home
895 Posts
I found a better solution. I did what BMW does - filled the transmission with new fluid and declared it "lifetime". :D
:)

here is what i ordered. Will be much better than the conventional way.

But yes I get what your saying, fill and call it lifetime. LOL

http://www.meurosport.com/5HP24_Dip_Stick.php

I like ease of use. And this will make my life easy, because i have a feeling ill have other wonderful projects to undertake on this animal at some point..Hopefully no tranny work, but you never know...

·
Playing Mechanic At Home
895 Posts
Wow. That is awesome. I have never seen that before....
I know. Funny part of it is, i bought the aluminum throttle bushings from this guy a few years ago, they work like a champ, but never saw the Transmission adapter for a dipstick.
Im stoked, now im gonna wait till that puppy gets here before i finish filling the pan..

Hell, ive waited this long, whats a few more days to have the satifisfaction of never having to climb under that beast while running.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I remeber the POST on Bimmerboard where a Member said he was going to work on a Dipstick for the our transmissions.. He had fit his successfully as well as display those very pictures on that website.. A lot of members were interested. He held of orders until he was 100% sure it worked...After several years everyone forgotten about it... So I base the question is this a reality or hoax?

·
Playing Mechanic At Home
895 Posts
Well ive bpught from this guy before..so i guess when i get it.ill let u know..looks legit to me..i bought the throttle cable bushings from him..guess ill be the guinea pig..

Sent from my SGH-I777 using BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
28 Posts
Washed her today. Been holding off on valley pan gasket because of cold weather. Weather looks good this weekend so will be taking on that task. Excited.

·
Society of the 7's East
736 Posts
Bought a cassette adapter to play my MP3's off my phone. Works like a charm! The cassette at times can be a little noisy but instead of the expensive options this was $6.99.

1 - 20 of 1261 Posts