1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
TD said:
Hey Dan... :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

(j/k)
:lmao: :lmao:

He was looking for some action here earlier today:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Posting meaningless thread just so Hack has an excuse to "moderate" it.

PM 325xiT said:

:lmao: :lmao:

He was looking for some action here earlier today:)
Yeah I just noticed. I figured I'd oblige him.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Posting meaningless thread just so Hack has an excuse to "moderate" it.

TD said:

Yeah I just noticed. I figured I'd oblige him.
Why not a nice poll in his honor:dunno: You know something he can't view til he gets home:lmao:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
You guys...I'm almost tearing up...I am so touched.

Alright, I give you five minutes before this thread gets NUKED! Now get back to talking about mods and DIY projects!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The HACK said:
You guys...I'm almost tearing up...I am so touched.

Alright, I give you five minutes before this thread gets NUKED! Now get back to talking about mods and DIY projects!
Hey, check out your polls.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
TD said:

Hey, check out your polls.
:(

My wife has already found the smut on my hard drive once...I had to start my collection all over again. Good thing for the 10 GB hard drive I installed on the laptop, now I take my smut wherever I go.

Now, do you guys want me to post step by step DIY on how to install a new HD on a Macintosh Powerbook G3? Now THAT was a project. The screws holding the bracket on the drive-bus (ATAPI) is like a #9 hex screw. I have a #6 hex screw and a #10, but no #9...So I had to break the tip off my swiss army knife and use THAT as a screw driver. What a pain in the arse.

And since the spare data-bus on the laptop is SCSI only, I had to burn everything onto a CD before I ripped the HD out.

Now GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT MODS AND DIY!

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
The HACK said:
Now, do you guys want me to post step by step DIY on how to install a new HD on a Macintosh Powerbook G3? Now THAT was a project. The screws holding the bracket on the drive-bus (ATAPI) is like a #9 hex screw. I have a #6 hex screw and a #10, but no #9...So I had to break the tip off my swiss army knife and use THAT as a screw driver. What a pain in the arse.
Try getting to the sound card on a Pismo. Removing the HD (and what you have to remove to get to it) is only the first step. You have to take the whole damn thing apart. And when resoldering the power port to the sound card doesn't work you find that you can't buy the sound card new from an Apple authorized dealer/service center without letting them do the swap (while incurring a labor fee).

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
You guys and your silly Macs. I can replace any part in a Compaq EVO with no tools in 10 seconds. :D

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
Kaz said:
You guys and your silly Macs. I can replace any part in a Compaq EVO with no tools in 10 seconds. :D
I can do the same on my Blue and White G3 tower... it's the laptops that are a PITA.

Hack has a Wallstreet (as do I), and the Pismo was the next version of that (basically the same case, different keyboard, USB)... the newer iBooks and titanium PowerBooks are actually much easier to work on.

·
10,856 Posts
Plaz said:

I can do the same on my Blue and White G3 tower... it's the laptops that are a PITA.

Hack has a Wallstreet (as do I), and the Pismo was the next version of that (basically the same case, different keyboard, USB)... the newer iBooks and titanium PowerBooks are actually much easier to work on.
Oh my God do the Apple laptops SUCK as far as maintainance go... My ex has an older iBook... FORTY-ONE screws to replace the freaking hard drive! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

Oh my God do the Apple laptops SUCK as far as maintainance go... My ex has an older iBook... FORTY-ONE screws to replace the freaking hard drive! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
That's prolly why I am so comfortable with working on my car...:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts