BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, I have a 2007 530i with 130k miles and it has been GREAT to me. I am now in the market for a 2010/2011 335 w/ 50k or so miles. I realize that I have lucked out in terms of having a 530 with 0 issues and 130k miles and am hesitant on switching it out. Can anyone here provide input on how the 335i has been to own? Major problems? Things you are crazy about?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my 335i, but check how it's runs on cold start. I had to chase a rough cold start that cost me about 3k...I had to change my plugs, coils, fuel injectors and walnut blast to clean my valves. Runs great now and I love the power. Check out the JB4 tune also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think the N55 engine in the 11 - 13's don't have as many of the issues that the N54 had. I am really happy with mine!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine has been expensive to own. Currently has 97,000 miles and $1,882 two weeks ago (brakes front and back, tie rod ends, plus normal maintenance stuff) and in today for a new water pump. Been through two radios (warranty) steering column bushing (warranty), valve in the exhaust pipe (warranty).

With that said. Best driving most fun car ever!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I never did a walnut blast (was about to before I sold it) but at 60K I had a really rough idle. I saw that the 335 needs plugs every 40K. I did the plugs myself - very simple - and it smoothed the idle out. I also replaced a coil myself at 90K after getting a fault code. Again very easy.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My '11 335i withstands the most brutal usage, never misses a beat. 25 hours on track this year, runs perfectly.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Bought my 2011 335i Sport 2 years ago - local lease return(replaced '05 E60 545i) , with 1 year factory warranty left plus 2 years CPO (expires in a year or so)

Miles
26k Purchased
30k Warr srvs: Oil/ air filter, wipers. VANOS recall. AC evaporator replaced.
32k Replaced OEM angel eyes with LED
35k Replaced OEM shocks with Koni FSD
35.2k Engine oil/filter M1 0W40 /OEM
37k Warranty srvs: Replaced Coolant reservoir
39k Warranty srvs: Replaced water pump, Radiator and oil filter housing gasket
39.5 Engine oil/filter M1 0W40 / Mahle
39.5k Tires Michelin Pilot Super Sport; Air filter, Microfilter
39.6k Spark Plugs. AC clean with Klima
39.7k Brake fluid flushed
42k Now. Waiting for Airbag recall service (may take more than a year to happen. Dealer says now they are doing '06/'07)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts