BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do people think about Power Boost Valves?

I have a horrible dead-spot and i hear it could help.

I am not after enhanced performace really, just want to get rid of the flat spot and maybe improve throttle response if i can.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Need to get out more often !

Seriously, where does all this stuff come from? It looks interesting, but I wonder whether it really works. Reminds me a bit of the Turbinator (let's not start that again though) as it suggests that there's something wrong with what the car comes with, or at least it can be improved on. I can't fathom how a company as technologically minded as BMW could have missed it. Perhaps it's from F1 technology?

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think a physical pump that increases the pressure of the fuel delivery is slightly different to a piece of ****ty metal in your intake.

You must remember that cars are made to a comprimise (yes, even BMW's) and so are made to use the worse fuel, in the worst conditions and driven by the worst drivers. the true potential of the engine has to be unlocked by adding things like K&N filters, ECU chips and suchlike.

I saw this, instantly thought it was for boy racers and ignored it. then my mechanic told me that maybe the flat spot was due to fuel delivery being a bit slow and so i looked into it again and it seem plausable i guess.

Was just asking anyway.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes, I agree it would be interesting to see if it solves your problem. Seems that many people have the same problem with the flat spot. My mechanic replaces the standard fuel pump with a Ford 6 cyl pump. He reckons it cost a quarter of the BMW price and works better ! Anyway, you were just asking and I don't mean to sound rude, it just cracks me up to see what's out there. And no, I don't really think it's anything like the Turbinator, but I couldn't resist putting it in.

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG, i cant believe i was sensored!!! hehehehe

As it is only $200, it is not like it is gonna break the bank if it does nothing.

agree with you about the crap on the market though, i guess i was hoping this was different as i am desperate to get rid of the flat spot and it kinda made sense that the fuel wasn't getting there quick enough.

Dont you wish you could increase HP and MPG by simply adding magnets and a $10 piece of metal though.....a dream i guess.

Will report back if i get one.

Cheers mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts