BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as a newbie to BMW and coding I'm after some help please from you knowledgable guys.

I have a 2010 pre LCI F10 to which I have changed the mirrors to the power folding and dimming type. I have modded the switch pack by soldering the correct pins and now I need to code the car to get them working.

Would somebody please be able to give me instructions in layman terms how to do this?

I have installed E-Sys and I have successfully coded the DRLs to work without the dipped beam coming on so I have made a start!

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
40,081 Posts
At a hardware level, I am not sure exactly what you have going oin. In my 2010 pre LCI F10 which had the Power-Folding Mirrors, car had the following Options in FA:

S430A Interior/outside mirror with auto dip

So, I would add this to FA and VO Code car accordingly.

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your replies.

I have fitted powerfold with auto dimming glass.

My problem is I'm not sure how to 'add' 430 to FA and VO. I know how to change settings that are already there but not how to add coding for modules that aren't.

I have a trawl of the forums and youtube etc. but I can't find any info on how to do this. It is very different to VCDS which I'm used to on VAG cars!

·
Premium Member
40,081 Posts
Thanks guys for your replies.

I have fitted powerfold with auto dimming glass.

My problem is I'm not sure how to 'add' 430 to FA and VO. I know how to change settings that are already there but not how to add coding for modules that aren't.

I have a trawl of the forums and youtube etc. but I can't find any info on how to do this. It is very different to VCDS which I'm used to on VAG cars!
E-Sys - VO Coding Guide.pdf:
https://mega.nz/#!EgIFAZKb!H12P6g_2pCAFeH-GbDYEjcewfBTz_j4BT5UCMxck1bw

Use Read ECU to query actual busses, not Read SVT, and you should see new ECU(s).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've read these guides but they don't actually explain how to add code. I can edit modules that are already there, that's not my problem. It's adding stuff that isn't already there that I'm struggling with.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The guides posted above detail exactly what to do mate. The PDF I referenced tells you exactly the steps to follow.

As Shawn has said, his guide details the exact instructions. The difference for you would be that you need to ADD 430 to the list of numbers/letters. The ones that are in groups of three seperated by commas. Add 430, click on the little yellow box arrow thing, basically do what the guide tells you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
40,081 Posts
I've read these guides but they don't actually explain how to add code. I can edit modules that are already there, that's not my problem. It's adding stuff that isn't already there that I'm struggling with.
:dunno: Guide I linked to above replaces 205 with 2TB.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Success!
Thanks guys for your help. I now have functioning powerfold mirrors.
I understand how E-sys works now. A lot different to VCDS which I'm used to.
I just need to get my mirror glass to dip when I select reverse and then fit my paddleshift steering wheel.
Any tips on which modules I need to code and add to VO would be most welcome.

Once again, thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Are you left or right hand drive? If right hand drive make sure your mirror select switch is to the right and it will auto dip. Vice Verda if left hand drive. I’ll find you the FDL coding to auto fold mirrors with the key fob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi dayvq,

The mirror does dip as you described and they both fold in on the remote. I didn't do anything other than follow the coding instructions.

My next job is to fit the paddleshift steering wheel that I have. Am I correct in thinking that I just swap the wheels over and code? If so, would you be able to tell me what to code? I have searched but I'm confused as I've read that the FEM needs coding. My car doesn't have this module?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I retrofitted paddle shifters to my F10 rather than buy a whole steering wheel. It’s actually quite simple, you just add 2TB to your FA and VO code EGS and SZL. I’m pretty sure that’s it. I had a nightmare as my shifters were from an F30 so had to solder new resistors to the PCB. It did save me about £500 though as the paddles were only £120 with the rear cover for the steering wheel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts