Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were power folding side mirrors an option for non-M5 E39s? I have nearly all of the original dealership lit from '99 and don't see it mentioned as an option.

And was the M5 round style the only power folding side mirror - or was there a version with the standard square mirror?

Thanks everyone. :thumbup:

'99 540iT

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, only the M5 came with power folding side mirrors. It was standard on the M5 and not an option on non M5's. Many people retrofit them to non M5 E39's. I believe its the only route if its a must have for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought a non-M power folding mirrors. The shape is slightly different than the regular non-M, but not as bulky as the 540i ones.

The one that I bought

https://youtu.be/o13IGbXx_5k

Manual fold (taken from 528i) vs power fold comparison. You can see the shape difference

with 540i / e38 mirror comparison

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought a non-M power folding mirrors. The shape is slightly different than the regular non-M, but not as bulky as the 540i ones.
These look great - do you have the BMW part number for the power non-M mirrors? Were they only a non-North American option?

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
These look great - do you have the BMW part number for the power non-M mirrors? Were they only a non-North American option?

Thanks.
I believe it's euro option.

The only number listed in the cover is this

One forum member from the other forum made a comment about it

"For vehicles with
Comfort seat with memory S456A=Yes
and
Seat adjuster, electric, with memory S459A=Yes
and
Exclusive Edition S723A=No
and
High gloss shadow line S760A=No