Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 13 x3 with comfort and power lift gate, it closes by power all the time, but only occasionally will open by power, where should I start looking, thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
What method (key fob, armrest button, "kick" under rear bumper) of opening is not working?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What method (key fob, armrest button, "kick" under rear bumper) of opening is not working?
So I went out and did some more testing, with all methods it unlocks or clicks rather and then doesn't move, it is consistent across all methods , if I then lift on it a bit like an inch or less it opens all the way

Does that help?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I fixed the problem, there was a squeek from the back while driving so I adjusted the bumpers a bit to stop the squeek/rattle and now it pops open on its own

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I fixed the problem, there was a squek from the back while driving so I adjusted the bumpers a bit to stop the squeek/rattle and now it pops open on its own
Glad you got it fixed. This is exactly what this forum is all about; sharing solutions to problems, big and small, that our Bimmers throw at us. Thank you for the follow-up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts