BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw from the internet that there should be a power outlet under the glovebox for the e92 328i model. However, I can only find mine inside my armrest storage and nothing under my glovebox. Do some of the models do not have a power outlet under the glovebox? Mine is a 2008.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Pretty sure the power outlet under the passenger kick panel was an LCI thing, 2009+

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
lie down with your head on the floor mat and look up, close to the center tunnel, and you will see it
after you see it with your head on the floor mat, you won't need such a drastic position to find it again

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Oh really, you are the first one who mentioned that in my search. Any solution to get a power outlet other than the armrest? Since the armrest is PITA.
Get a fuse tap and a universal 12v socket. You can wire in any length and place the outlet where ever you wish.

Or you can retrofit the OEM 12v socket. Might need a new kick panel but I don't see why you can't just drill through your current one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is also on the 2016 340i sold in Australia. Get in there on your back with a torch. It shouldn't have anything in the hole to your finger should find it?!?. Mine is located passenger side under glovebox right before the center console area. Good luck and have another look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts