BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all on Bimmerfest,

can anyone tell me if it is possible to get an adaptor that converts the glove box socket for the torch/flashlight into a regular power outlet like the one for the cigarette lighter?

thanks

Lee

E46 M3 conv, silv/grey, imola leather, TV + sat nav, etc, etc.

·
Registered
621 Posts
yes, dealer or bavarian auto..one of the cheaper items at dealer..i paid under $20 a few years ago..note it is for low draw items like cell phone charger..

·
Registered
243 Posts
yes........ it's a part you can get from the bmw dealer.....or you can source it out on the net.......its an adaptor. BMW glove box power adaptor or something like that..... I'm sure someone will post what exactly its called, or just call the parts dept. at a local BMW and ask what exactly it's called.......

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts

·
just like that, he's gone
2016 BMW 535 M-Sport
1,699 Posts
heck ya it works great just hangs down out of the side of the glovebox. I use it for ipod/iphone charging with the proclip (massively overpriced) mount i have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a "2 into 1" cigarette lighter that plugs straight into the existing lighter, giving you 2 sockets, now I can run iPod and/or navigation at the same time. It only cost ***8364;6

·
Registered
676 Posts
I bought a "2 into 1" cigarette lighter that plugs straight into the existing lighter, giving you 2 sockets, now I can run iPod and/or navigation at the same time. It only cost €6
I did the same thing and it solved all of my power needs.

·
Navigator
113 Posts
I got a 3 way socket box that has a cord to plug into the cigg lighter. I cut the lighter part off & tapped into the cell phone live wire under the center console. Then ran the wire to the glove box & put the splitter in there. I have a XM radio in it & when I run the GPS I can route the wire to come out the back of the glove box so you dont have to have it ajar. Splitter was $ 12.00 & I have 3 sockets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts