BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
German freak
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody get this one? At lower r's the power steering completely fails, but it's intermittent. It's as if there's an off/on switch. Starts and stops. Today, making a right turn into traffic, it just QUIT. It was like when the engine dies. Then, back on again. I don't think it's safe. What do you think?

·
No espresso cup holders?
104 Posts
SantaBimmer said:
Anybody get this one? At lower r's the power steering completely fails, but it's intermittent. It's as if there's an off/on switch. Starts and stops. Today, making a right turn into traffic, it just QUIT. It was like when the engine dies. Then, back on again. I don't think it's safe. What do you think?
I believe this has something to do with the SZL part (or whatever they did when they tried to originally fix the problem). My steering was fine until I left the car for diagnosis of the DSC malfunction. When I got the car back a few days later, I immediately noticed that I had no power assist at all. Turn signal didn't work either, btw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. that is a known problem for the dealer and they have a fix for that..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.