BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 650i coupe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Power steering fluid backs up through the reservoir by a lot when the car is shut off and also notified via the dash screen.
Replaced hoses, pump, no leaks or blocks on the hoses/connections, put new fluid and bled the air out but still doing it. Help!

·
Super Moderator
9,848 Posts
I suspect that when you had the lines loose, you put the check valve in the wrong spot. There are 2 the same size, but one has a check valve in it. In the drawing below I think it is 10 & 15 that need to be swapped. They look the same from the outside, but one has a check valve in it!

Hair Head White Vertebrate Organ

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I can't find the post, but over in E60 forum someone had mentioned that the P/S reservoir was clogged and this occurred. if you are certain everything is back correctly, try removing some fluid from the reservoir until you can see the screen and shine a light down there. Or search for the related post over in E60 area, I responded to it a few times. don't recall who was original poster. I think Habbyguy also responded - he may have been the one who experienced this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts