BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to see if anyone can help me find out if there is any kind of rebuild kit for the power steering rack on a 87 325es. i also am looking to see if there is any kind of repair manual or website that has procedures for doing it or if anyone has any knowledge about doing this or would i be better off buying a remanufactured one. thanks. Daniel

·
On Top
8,772 Posts
i got the same prob

i found a place that sells arebuild kit for around 40 bucks (www.bmpdesign.com call them and askfor anthony ext 305) but i need install help i really think this might be a tricky thing to do, let me know if u get install info christo325i

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i took the steering rack out today. it is kinda complicated took about 4 hours that probably bc i didnt really know what i was doing. i have already got the kit and will be tearing it down and attempting to rebuild it. it shouldnt be any problem bc i know the seal was blown.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
power steering replacement

after doing the rebuild i highly recommend just buying a rebuilt power steering rack from the start unless you have the tool to take loose and re-tighten the locking collar nut (picture attached) as in my case i got the whole rebuild done and just couldnt get the nut tight enough before destroying it. if you have the single piece power steering rack by all means attempt it its not hard just take your time. Figures that i would have one of the racks thats different than everybodys else as always seems the case for me. good luck if you are planning on rebuilding your rack and if you have any questions just postem i check here often. Daniel

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts