BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was time to change my power steering fluid (or I thought at least since my car started showing symptoms, but the resovoir still had full fluid yet my steering wheel kept making moaning noises & its hard to turn the wheel) so I decided to do the Turkey Baster Method . I sucked out the old fluid, added new fluid, then turned on the car and turned the steering wheel left to right for about 30 secs. I did those steps about 3 times but yet my steering wheel is still the same before I did all those steps basically like nothing changed. I just want to throw out there that as I was turning the steering wheel left & right the fluid never really dropped just stayed the same level full so I want to know whats going on here because its driving me crazy hearing that steering wheel ugh .Also its not a leak cause the resovoir is clean on the outside and nothing drips from the bottom . Someone have anything in mind or faced the same problem ? Thank You for your Help

P.S I used ATF Max Life Fluid

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
Just because you put new fluid in it doesn't mean it's going to fix an already damaged old power steering pump.

The pump is probably so far gone at this point from the fluid never being changed that it's on its last limb.
Luckily your PS pump on ebay only cost around $80 and it's very easy to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts