BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

hoping someone here can help me understand. I’ve contacted service waiting for them to pick up the car. It appears then goes away.

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,152 Posts
Are you driving a 45e?

·
Registered
I make bowling balls for a living
340 Posts
48v vehicle?
Several 48v system connection issues and I’ve seen a few alternators as well.

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,152 Posts
Its not a 45e its the gas 4.0.
Thanks for your replies.
My guess then is either your battery faulty or the alternator is wonky, or there is a loose wiring harness. EdIt...forgot about the mild hybrid setup. Dang these cars are complicated.

·
Registered
I make bowling balls for a living
340 Posts
Is it a 48v? ( do you have a big purple wire in your engine compartment? )
I hope this thread gets updated with the result. 2 guesses, Alternator or Drive belt issue where oil has gotten onto it via the crank seal or intake pipe leaking

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it a 48v? ( do you have a big purple wire in your engine compartment? )
I hope this thread gets updated with the result. 2 guesses, Alternator or Drive belt issue where oil has gotten onto it via the crank seal or intake pipe leaking
i will update this forum 100%. I am having it picked up for service on Monday.

i dont think i have the 48v. I have the x5 xdrive40i, msport runs on gas. Apologize for any misinformation.

i actually love the car, its my third bmw, had the time to custom build this one with M sport, shadowline trim, air suspension.

whats weird is this error appears for 1 day and only when I accelerate quickly and let go of the gas pedal. Then the warning disappears.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i will update this forum 100%. I am having it picked up for service on Monday.

i dont think i have the 48v. I have the x5 xdrive40i, msport runs on gas. Apologize for any misinformation.
Thanks for keeping us updated. What year is yours? Starting with MY21 the 40is got the 48v mild-hybrid system.

Reactions: HotGrbg
1 - 10 of 10 Posts