BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a 1989 325i convertible. Yesterday i got in the car and my power windows had completely quit on me I'm thinking its the fuse but i havent had time to check, and if it is the fuse, what number and voltage is it. Any sugestions would be great. Im also having massive vibrations in the stearing wheel when im going about 65 to 70 mph, im thinking an alignment and balancing will do the trick but i havent had time to check that out either so if you all could help it would be greatly appreciated, it would also save me a great deal of time for when i get back from this bussiness trip to just go ahead and fix the problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
On my 1991 convertible there is a circuit breaker on the console to the front right above the right front window switch. On mine it is a pretty crummy switch (maybe some one spilled coffee in it) . Anyway, there doesnt seem to be a visual clue if it is on or off. Just push it in and see if that is it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
im not sure which fuse it is on the convertible. i think its #16 or seventeen. one is a blank. it should be a 30 amp. Wheel shake on an old e30 is normally caused by the control arm bushings. You can normally see if there bad when you jack up te car. They will have tear at the corners. good luck..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
86 325 E and ES has a large black button next to the flashers and above the radio. If you have one, give it a push. The windows might start working.

Eyeball your tires carefully for any bumps or out of round. Check the rims closely? Has someone done a curb shot? Just ideas.

Oh yeah. Rotate them on a Saturday afternoon. See if it makes a differnce. Also, with the wheels off... it will give you a good eyeball of possible easy fixes. I second the wish for good luck.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Usually wheel balance issues become aparent at certain speeds (ie: 65-70mph) then go away at slower or faster speeds. Just get the wheels/tires balanced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks alot guys, yeah i checked the window lock button before i left the car, i will check the # 17 fuse which im pretty sure is the power window fuse. The wheel balance is something i also thought of i will get everything done hopefully this weekend and will post the results. Thanks for everyones input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts