BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i figure this out (regulator, or..???), is there a way to crank the windows up manually? there is only one access point, and that's where the buttons that don't work are. do i take this piece off to access the cranking piece with an allen wrench?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are you saying they're all out--as in out cold?

Check the fuses. Check the circuit breaker right above the radio.

To answer the question directly, look for a little plastic round thing on the door. (inside) Pop it off and you should see a little allen nut thing. Use the allen wrench in your toolpanel in the trunk.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check the other switch

Take a look at the center console. In the upper right corner above the shifter, there is a switch that turns off power to all windows. Make sure it is engaged.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
and yet if that is not it remove the round grommet from the door panel, then remove the rubber gromet in the window motor insert the allen key from your tool kit and wind the window up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't know if anyone else has seen this, and Bentley didn't cover it, but the cable bundle that transits from the dash compartment through the bulkhead and into the door (in the area of the hinges) can be a problem also, I've seen it on two cars. Wiggle the bundle while pressing the switch, if it starts moving - think about replacing that cable bundle.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Speaking of which, dynaguytn, that door harness deal can be an ally of the devil.

Mine got borked for awhile. HATE working on that thing. Should I get a proper E30 I'll probably painstakingly join the wires seperately somewhere else. The problem is if you have central locking it has to be working just right or else it won't work right. Mirrors and windows can end up playing around to. Real fun when you're driving and it just stops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts