BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 525i wont let me roll up the powered windows... i looked at the fusses they look fine. And i probably will replace most of them. Does anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it

·
Registered
191 Posts
window regulators are known to go bad on these. also, it could be the motor that is attached to the regulator. Also, the regulators may simply need greased up. Take out the inside of your door, and have a look directly at the regulators............do they have all the teeth? is the regulator motor plugged in? if it is, then even if the window won't move, you should still hear the motor run when you attempt to put the windows up or down.

if you need new regulators, hit up an import/european junk yard, or search ebay...........you can pick up a used regulator for about $75 shipped.
BTW, this is a very easy fix once you have pin pointed the exact thing that needs fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take off the door panel and make and look at the motor, their should be 2 screws holding it in, make sure they are tight also make sure all the sliding pivits are their and are still in. 2 on the window and one in the middle of the door

·
Lucky to drive a BMW
1,356 Posts
Yes I too have a failed window regulator.Im going to try the bushings that ride in th regulator first . The clips that attach to the window, but im pretty sure that the whole reg has to be replaced. I thought i read that you have to drill out some rivets to remove it,then use nuts and bolts on the replacement. It s comming up on my list soon too. Let us know what you find. LD--------- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0174865638&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts