BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this 2004 545i sports package (46k) that the sunroof and front passenage windows refuse to closeup on/off from time to time since it was new (if you keep trying eventually it will close). Even though I brought up few times under warranty the dealer said could not reproduce or fixed anything. Yesterday, I went the stealer for yearly inspection and look the issues. After all day, they told me the rear passenger side windows 'would not stay up'. It 'just happens' by pressing a switch. I found out (which was not described to me) when I pressed the driver side switch and the rear window shot downward like a rocket and stayed there. Before this, I never had any issues with rear windows. So I dont buy the story and the call with the service manager did not go well. There is also new leaks from car they did not know or tell me (it never had leaks before). Last year when they did inspection and oil change they did not reset miles, now I just had a check eng light on 2 days ago. Could this be related to mile not reset 12 month ago? Besides that, they showed me a list about $4000 needed repairs (sensor, windows, wheel, tires...) in which about $2K to pass inspection. The car is running fine....so this is total surprise!

So help me think through this...do I have a legal case v. dealer? Does bmw bear any responsibility for knowing the window issues and not 'recall' or fix? Btw, my rear windows weather striping is all deteriorated and looks like a ****! How this could happen for a BMW in 7 years?!

Anyway, I'd like to hear from you all.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i can tell you from sitting in the waiting room at my local dealer that cars within the bmw warranty magically pass our lovely pa inspection with flying colors every time. while cars outside of warranty always seem to need thousands of dollars in random parts and service.. even though the cars seem to be running fine. gee wonder how that works. my advice for you is to not get the car serviced at the dealer, and for the love of god do not let them do state inspection. thats just asking for trouble. what part of pa are you in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Place is called DevonHill in devon outside philly. I agree...let's just say they know what they are doing to customers. Someone will have to pay the bills. I felt kind sorry that I asked them to look any issues. Funny when I was there to pick up my car, I saw an old gentleman having a real sticker shock looking at the bill and talking to the service manager in distress.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.