BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see people on here discussing having a PPI come and do an inspection on a vehicle if the buyer isnt local. this car is a CPO, at a legit BMW dealer. do i need to worry about this or is getting a PPI in this case overkill?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the CPO is good for another 2 years, but from what i can tell the car was leased/purchased from a different dealer than where i'm getting it from.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought mine freshly certified from the dealer that leased it out new, with 11 months remaining on the B2B warranty before CPO kicks in. I've spent four days (in 3 months since purchase) persuading my local dealer to address problems that should have been caught and corrected by the 'ultimate CPO inspection'.
This 535xi is my 8th ~3 year-old Porsche/Audi/BMW/Benz. First and last time I'll let the CPO fairy talk me out of a thorough, independent PPI.

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
CPO doesn't require PPI, in fact, it's encouraged that you get a copy of the CPO agreement only and make sure the car is certified using the VIN code.
From there, you have piece of mind that you can go get the CPO parts taken care of without too much difficulty for the $50 deductible.

So, don't stress about the PPI, it's really not too necessary.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CPO doesn't require PPI, in fact, it's encouraged that you get a copy of the CPO agreement only and make sure the car is certified using the VIN code.
From there, you have piece of mind that you can go get the CPO parts taken care of without too much difficulty for the $50 deductible.

So, don't stress about the PPI, it's really not too necessary.
thats what i was thinking...if it was anything other than a CPO then i would absolutely get a PPI, but i feel prett good about this.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Be sure to check the tread wear...to avoid getting a car that BARELY passes for CPO. If it's really close I'd ask for new tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts