BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2010 535 on Saturday and I am still reading the manual, trying to get used to the different interface for the radio.....any practical tips on radio use/setup, etc from those of you that have been using the new i-drive for a while?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
set as many of the presets as you like but move the faves to the top of the list, then set up one of your "automatic buttons" to the "presets" screen so you just have to press that one button to get to the top of the list.. i wish there were like 15 more of those auto buttons. its like macros on excel..

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Use voice commands. They work very well and you pretty much don't have to use iDrive at all to tune the radio and satellite radio.

If your HD radio keeps making horrible sounds and dropping reception, turn off HD and just receive regular analog FM.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Use voice commands.

If your HD radio keeps making horrible sounds and dropping reception, turn off HD and just receive regular analog FM.
+1 HD isn't very good in the tri state area.
cheers
vern

·
Registered
85 Posts
set as many of the presets as you like but move the faves to the top of the list, then set up one of your "automatic buttons" to the "presets" screen so you just have to press that one button to get to the top of the list.. i wish there were like 15 more of those auto buttons. its like macros on excel..
Great tip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts