BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd never consider doing that with my car.

I'd buy a race car for that sort of stuff. A nice Technokart or similar.
whats a technokart ne ways?. only reason y i choose the e34 is cuz it was given to me and bmw has good steering angle plus its an inline 6 with plenty of toruqe and why be liek every single body out there and get a 240sx or a piece of sh!t corolla

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
whats a technokart ne ways?. only reason y i choose the e34 is cuz it was given to me and bmw has good steering angle plus its an inline 6 with plenty of toruqe and why be liek every single body out there and get a 240sx or a piece of sh!t corolla
Ahh, the ricers....

I just use mine for transportation - and to laugh at the ricers that think their stuff is *pimp*.... "Yeah, but it's a ricer...." :confused:

:rofl:

Technokart ===> http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214883

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey man looks good, I once had dreams if drifting mine, until I realized how expensive that would be haha.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey man looks good, I once had dreams if drifting mine, until I realized how expensive that would be haha.
lol the only expenisve part is the tires but i get free tires cuz im sponsidered or i get like 10 tires for 3 bucks for all of them.
and i only have bilstien struts/shocks with eibach springs and 1 front sway bar in that video lol thats all =)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yea the tires are the expensive part really, but don't the high rpm's require much more replacement parts/ maintenance?

Hey I skateboard and I know to get sponsored you have to know people in the industry or send in really good footage, but how do you get your car sponsored?
I imagine that you don't send in footage of your car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Drifting is kind of like ice skatng. The rules are really screwy. I mean it's not like road racing or drag racing. There is nothing set. But hey whatever you want to do to ruin your car.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yea the tires are the expensive part really, but don't the high rpm's require much more replacement parts/ maintenance?

Hey I skateboard and I know to get sponsored you have to know people in the industry or send in really good footage, but how do you get your car sponsored?
i went to a couple of companys in the area that have to do with cars. showed them my videos and told them i would like to get sponsidered. anything helps, u make any kind of donation and i put the name of ur company on the car. it can be anything from discounted items to 20 dollars a month. w.e u can afford and you think is good enough. and if you dont believe me you can come look at my car and i can show u recipects of what i have bought with ur $$ and its only 8 dollars to come watch the event. come out, see ur name on the car and you can have your proof or we can show u videos.
iv noticed that alot of companys dont like to sponser japanse cars like the typical drift car.. i talked to a company that will probably be one of my sponsers after a few things and he said ill tell u one thing. if it is a jap car dont even think about it. if its a europian car ill be all over that thing. i just want to the see what shape the cars in.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drifting is kind of like ice skatng. The rules are really screwy. I mean it's not like road racing or drag racing. There is nothing set. But hey whatever you want to do to ruin your car.
how are the rules really screwy? tell me one rule that u think is screwy. tell me any rule u think is screwy at all. road racing and drag racing do alot of things to actaully ruin ur car to, just because u have seen dumb sh!!ts out there crashing and being stupid doesnt mean everyone does. and tell me what else drifting does to ur car to ruin it. auto cross doesnt ruin a car? noo but rally racing doesnt ruin ur car at all it gives it more life.
plz have your facts straight before you try to say something is bad or does something when you probably do NOT know what it does and you r probably going to look it up online or ask a genius like ur self.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

i always do an oil change after a day of drifting. replacements or maintenance not as much as some things getting used faster than others. i mean if ur drifting ur clutch and brakes go out sooner than average. tires for sure and when you start and u have not changed all ur bushings those can go bad early too. if it is stock suspension the struts will go bad too. and if the car is old your lsd would need to be changed too. i mean all of this stuff gets changed wiht brand new ones when u seriously build the car for drifting. if u use what ur are given u will need to change things alot faster till u get the right stuff for drifting. do u know what i mean? like u got a new car thats used. u should probably change ALOOOOOOOOOOT of things to make sure its running nice but instead u decide to drive it tillt hose things go bad then u change them to brand new ones. thats all that it takes to start.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yea man I know what you mean, the one I bought already has sway bars, engine strut, eibach/bilstein suspension I think, but now it's not running, I need to get that fixed, I also need a new diff apparently since some bearing went bad for too long. But for 1500 dollars I got a car I reall wanted (my first car haha) and it already had 3k+ in suspension and stuff I would have spent on any other e34 for that price. I doubt I'll get into drifting in this car, but thanks for the info man, really interesting

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
np atleast the car would feel alot nicer to drive after ur done.. . thats a e28 in ur picture isnt it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yea I think it is, I just liked the pic so I made it my sig haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts