Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am willing to take the plunge buying a 2006 - 2008 750Li after having read about most of the common issues with these cars. I believe you get a lot of car for your money, and I will be ready to spend some coin on repairs as they become necessary. Nevertheless, I'd like to buy a "good" one rather than a potential lemon. Not being mechanically inclined, I have been searching for a pre-purchase inspection checklist to look for, and identify, some of the more common - and potentially costly - problems. Unfortunately, I have not found anything. I know already that in order to check for the dreaded valve seal guide wear issue, you drive the car until at normal oil temperature, then park and let idle for 5 minutes, and then rev the engine to 5k and release accelerator and look for white/blue smoke coming from the exhaust. If anyone could help point me in the right direction regarding other simple checks or things to look for, I'd very much appreciate it!

Also, what are some of the options I should look for, or stay away from, if possible? - My current car is a 335i which is quite sporty of course, but I was wondering if a large 7 series would just disappoint when equipped with the sports package, and perhaps the non-M-sport vehicles are a smoother ride? - I am ready to drive in a more relaxed fashion, so perhaps not having the sport package would be better and more comfortable?

Thanks,

-kaigoss69

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.