BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to do my homework before making a decision. And for angel eyes, I have heard so much about Umnitza and their quality/service on the net and several forums, so ultimately, I chose their Predator ICE.

I bought a set in March 16, 2008, but requested for items to be shipped on March 21. Paid with PayPal. I live in Hong Kong, so I know shipping will take a while.

The problem is, the same time I bought the Pred Ice, I also purchased some ORIGINAL Interior Xenons. And *these* have already been installed in my car for about 10 (ten) days now.

Should shipping for the Pred ICE really take this long?

I contacted Umnitza and they said it was already shipped.
In my Umnitza "Order History" (viewable from their page after login), I don't see the Pred ICE being shipped. Just a partial shipment for the Interior Xenons.
There's also the email notification. I only have a notice for partial shipment of the Interior Xenons.

When Umnitza ships your orders, they give you guys emails too right?

I emailed Umnitza again (I suspect their patience may be running thin.), and requested that they look into the matter. :(
So far no reply yet. But I still have faith in them.

I don't mind slow shipping or back order waits, but all indications now seem to point to an overlooked order.

Thank you all for reading and for any advice.

Here is a screen shot of my "Order History":
http://www.team-mount.com/Umnitza01.JPG/Umnitza01-full;init:.JPG

·
Registered
244 Posts
Are u sure................

you have a M54B30 engine, because that would be for a 2003 530i . The 525i , which would be your car, has the M54B25 engine..........check it out....:tsk:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Woops.............

Disregard The Last Transmission................................my Baaaaad!!!:(

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Umnitza is the kind of company you have to be forward with and insist things get done. If they think you don't care, they'll treat you like it. I'm not at all saying to be a jerk, that doesn't get you anywhere of course. But certainly make sure they know you expected it by now, and it needs to be dealt with immediately. Require a tracking number for the package if it really is shipped already. If they don't have one, its because they haven't shipped it. Which would be yet another strike against their cust service, which is *sadly* lacking. They need to do like DDM and get a dedicated customer service guy who has good manners....Matt's too stretched to take care of everything properly, so he lets things slide thru the cracks sometimes.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Thank you, E36 Phantom.

I never realized that service quality there was actually not as good as generally known.
Lol, check the vendor comments on here and bimmerforums.com. They have pretty good products, but their customer service is well known to be lacking. ;)

I hope you get your stuff soon. It may very well be held up in customs, I had a package from HK, routed thru Singapore for duties purposes, held up in US Customs for a good week. So I'm not saying they necessarily have put you aside. I'm just saying its very possible, and you need to look into it ASAP rather than sit around and hope. The biggest problem is that Matt tends to treat people like they're a hassle instead of a customer, and if you let that mentality get to you and start worrying that you're bothering him, well, nothing will get done. Be proactive. You paid him, light the fire beneath the frying pan until you get your product. Good luck! :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umnitza is the kind of company you have to be forward with and insist things get done. If they think you don't care, they'll treat you like it. I'm not at all saying to be a jerk, that doesn't get you anywhere of course. But certainly make sure they know you expected it by now, and it needs to be dealt with immediately. Require a tracking number for the package if it really is shipped already. If they don't have one, its because they haven't shipped it. Which would be yet another strike against their cust service, which is *sadly* lacking. They need to do like DDM and get a dedicated customer service guy who has good manners....Matt's too stretched to take care of everything properly, so he lets things slide thru the cracks sometimes.
I understand. Now, where's the kerosene and matches? =)

I'll never deal with them again, I learned my lesson
oh my gosh! It was that bad for you? =(

·
Registered
289 Posts
I ordered some Hella AE's from them on 4/10 and my order is still pending. I had great communications with them right up to when I ordered. They didn't expect them to ship until 4/21, but I have asked for an update for the last 2 days and nothing yet.

I will be sure to leave my impressions on the board once they have been delivered, installed and working.

Update From Umnitza - I missed their mail this morning: The company we are working with is providing the shipment to the courier today or tomorrow, the German's have a strange way of "efficiency"sometimes, they've held onto the shipment longer than 1 week after all paperwork/purchasing was submitted. By Thursday, it will be in transit by Saturday we should have it. By Monday we should ship it. It's 2-3 days domestic shipping and 1 week to Canada.

Looks like all is well so far.

·
A Purist's Nightmare LOL
670 Posts
I bought Predatror E39 and they never told me I needed to downgrade the sockets until I called the third time. Then when I got them installed, one of the rings went out after two days. I called and they told e they sent another ring, but after a week and a half... I called back only to find out they never shipped it. So, they then sent another ring and this one didnt work at all. I suspect the light control may be bad, but I am so frustrated I refuse to call them... mind you I paid 399.00 for the lights. I wont buy ANYTHING from them EVER again!

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
Gentlemen, they aren't the only place for lighting anymore:

eas - Lighting/Angel Eyes/HID for most BMWs
http://www.europeanautosource.com/index.php?cPath=67_193

People that have purchased from us know how we treat our customers.

Everything is in stock for immediate shipping. Local SoCal owners can stop by to pick up the items in person.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
Sorry, but I prefer Hella over DEPO. No Hella on your site.
Hella's the best hands down, but DEPO is a good buy for the money.

We can get the US/Euro Hellas also, the cost is much more than the Depos.

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
Can you get a group buy on the US/Euro's....?
No plans of offering the Hellas anytime soon, but we can inquire with our supplier if there is a considerable demand.

·
bmw addiction
7,161 Posts
i would never buy anything from Umnitza again. they have the worse customer service & products. me and another member thought there angel eyes for our cars and they both stopped working in about 6 months. now i have the angel ibrights and love them. they are more expensive but worth ever penny.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.