Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Leatherette

Votes: 27 60.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While perusing alt.autos.bmw I read some complaints from people who have leather upholstery. One claimed visible wear after 12k miles.
I would like to know what your experience is with leather vs. the other stuff.
1. Leather?
2. Leatherette?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
This question is best left up to www.bimmer.org. Go check their forum out, there are more people there with the same dilemma.

All of us here own cloth interiors.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
31st330i said:

hahaha... I saw the title and wanted to respond the same way (like: "take it to the org").
Are we like the 'fest night owls? Man, it's time to go to bed...Gotta get up EVERY STINKIN' MORNING at 6:30 now with the new job. :(

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
The HACK said:

Are we like the 'fest night owls? Man, it's time to go to bed...Gotta get up EVERY STINKIN' MORNING at 6:30 now with the new job. :(
New job? I musta missed something. Congrats.:thumb:
I'm on vacation all week. :)

...with Genuine Cloth seats...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Kaz said:

New job? I musta missed something. Congrats.:thumb:
I'm on vacation all week. :)

...with Genuine Cloth seats...
Must not have announced it to everyone...I'm working in Rancho Cucamonga now for a subsidiary of a Credit Union League. Long drive, and start work at 8:30 am, which is when I usually wake up in the past. :(

Started about a month ago...I guess it's still "new" to me because I haven't really meshed with all the personalities. That and I've only racked up 9 hours of vacation time so far. :)

...wish I had genuine cloth seats.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Patrick 320d said:

Nice interior, Nate!

That reminds me that I have to remove the rubber matts and put the "summer" HAMANN rugs in! And change the bag in the shop vac ...

Patrick
Thanks!

I cleaned and treated all the leather and Vinyl yesterday :) They were getting kind of dry :bigpimp:

·
Grumpy and Cynical
7,639 Posts
I think the question should read "Quality leather vs leatherette". If I go with a 3 series again, I would go with leatherette. On Lexus, Infiniti, or Audi, I would go with leather, if I can afford it.

Ed

·
Explore the space!
490 Posts
Got black leatherette and have absolutely no regrets.

I've been in 2-3 year old 3-series cars, and the leather has started to get a little hard. Not only does the 'ette look better, smell better, clean more easily, I think it ages better too.

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.