BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a site where I can get a *good* proformance Chip such as Conferti or dinan ? I would buy the dinan its kind of expensive I need something around 300-350? anyone know a chip? OH yeah ! its for a 2001 330ci e46 I dont think COnferti makes one if so send me a LINK

·
Registered
680 Posts
ALEX325i said:
AFAIK, Conforti perf. engine SW hasn't been released for E46's yet... I think they're close though...
I think it's out for the 323/328 but not the new engines. Word is that the 325/330 Sharkinjector will be ready later this year. Right now we're waiting on the hardware and not the software.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

It hasn't been released for 325s and 330s :p

and, they just need to figure out how to get it on the car, not the programming :thumbup:
Totally forgot about the 323/328's... My bad :tsk: You're right though. JP has it.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Mystikal said:

I dunno, I'll have to rationalize it some more. :p
do it!!!

especially with CAI, your slow-rev complaints will be mitigated

Conforti will make it more responsive than Dinan, and the revs will fall faster, but you will sacrefise fuel economy (HACK said 3 mpg, I think), whereas Dinan increases economy

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
nate328Ci said:

do it!!!

especially with CAI, your slow-rev complaints will be mitigated

Conforti will make it more responsive than Dinan, and the revs will fall faster, but you will sacrefise fuel economy (HACK said 3 mpg, I think), whereas Dinan increases economy
You've actually seen a measureable increase in fuel efficiency?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Performance Data
Peak Horsepower Gain...........................8 @ 6000 rpm
Peak Torque Gain..................................11 lb/ft @ 2500 rpm
Rev-Limit increase..................................+270 rpm

Not too bad. But 400 USD...I don't really "need" this. Will the car need to be out of commision? If so, how long? It may make more sense to get a Shark Injector if that's the case.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Mystikal said:
Performance Data
Peak Horsepower Gain...........................8 @ 6000 rpm
Peak Torque Gain..................................11 lb/ft @ 2500 rpm
Rev-Limit increase..................................+270 rpm

Not too bad. But 400 USD...I don't really "need" this. Will the car need to be out of commision? If so, how long? It may make more sense to get a Shark Injector if that's the case.
It takes 30 minutes max to do it, a software download at a Dinan dealer....

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Mystikal said:
But 400 USD...I don't really "need" this. Will the car need to be out of commision? If so, how long? It may make more sense to get a Shark Injector if that's the case. [/B]
Need? What does need have to do with it? If *need* was the standard, we would all be driving Kias. You have roughly a $30,000 car. How much will that $400 increase your enjoyment of it? Every day, mile after mile . . . in fact, if you figured out the cost per mile, I bet it will seem much less!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
rwg said:

Need? What does need have to do with it? If *need* was the standard, we would all be driving Kias. You have roughly a $30,000 car. How much will that $400 increase your enjoyment of it? Every day, mile after mile . . . in fact, if you figured out the cost per mile, I bet it will seem much less!
Yeah, someone threw that argument at me a couple weeks back also. Probably nate, being the ignorant bastard that he is. ;)

If I do it, you guys will be the first to know.

·
Registered
223 Posts
rwg said:

Where can I find this chip and someone to install it? Also does it matter that my car is leased or is it okay to do these kind of mods?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.