ZPP Premium Package
ZPS Premium Sound Package
ZRC Rear Climate Package
ZTP Technology Package
386 Roof rails
494 Heated front seats
6FL iPod and USB adapter

Now some one please help me here.
Should I go for any of the following instead of Premium Sound ( the price should be around the premium sound)?
1. Active Ventilated Seat
2. Nappa leather Dashboard
3. Multi contour and comfort access
4. Any other combo suggestions

I don't have any intention to take rear entertainment.

Or is the Premium sound the better option?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The rear entertainment is too cumbersome and gets in the way. The system installed on the seat head rests is a better option which you can get later. I would rule out the Active Ventilated Seat option as you can barely feel the cool air blowing. I too live in the NY/NJ area and heated seats are more important. What I've been told and from reading numerous posts is to get the Multi Contour Seats / Comfort Seats. This is a must have if you plan on taking some long trips. The Nappa Leather Dash adds some style to your interior, but it's something you can live without. So if the choice boils down to Premium Sound vs. Multi contour seats, it's a matter of what's more important.....How good back feels a 5-10 hour road trip or enjoying the sound system. My choice would be...go for the Comfort Seats.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Multi contour is a must. I have them on my 5er and they are great. You can tune the seat to your exact preferred driving position.
invoice for multi contour is 1090 I think, but they are included in the ZAV, according to the ordering guide at least. The ZAV is probably not real useful in the ne climate. In the desert, they help evaporate sweat in arid air, which provides more cooling than in the more humid east. And the air flow is not very strong, as another poster indicated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.... but they are included in the ZAV, according to the ordering guide at least.
does that mean we can't have them alone?
I'd also consider adaptive drive.
This would be over 3000 bucks. Don't want to spend xtra bucks.
Would like to have something in premium sound price range, just to replace it.
Budget constraints you see.:)

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Just ditch Premium Sound and get Comfort Access. Might as well pocket the extra money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If cost is a factor, I would rank my choices as follows:

* Adaptive Drive (without it and the car will lose the "driving feel" of what makes the X5 special).
My wife wanted me to remove it when I ordered ours, but it would be like giving the car a labotomy....it would lose it's personality.
* Comfort Seats (It's considered a must have, but I could live with the Standard Seats. If my back is feeling tight on a long road trip, I'll have my wife take the wheel : )

OR....you can have both....twist your CA's arm, wrestle with them, haggle to your utmost abilities.....Maybe you can have your cake and eat it too!!!

Good Luck DreamX5!!!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
25,742 Posts
I like option 3.
You can get a better sound system (better than premium sound) for cheaper - aftermarket.
Agreed. (If you must choose) The perforated leather will be harder to keep clean, and will trap 'crud' in the holes.

The comfort seats are amazing.

I seem to recall the cost of comfort seats (not comfort access, whioch is a waste of money IMHO!) as $1090...versus the premium sound at $1685.

You really MUST have the MSRP and Invoice Prices in you hands if you are negotiating. Otherwise the salesman will say "I'll try to do this at no extra charge, but you are killing me", hang up the phone, and high five his buddies over the extra $600 he just made....

A

·
Resident Curmudgeon
25,742 Posts
adaptive drive is a cool $3500 extra at list- or $3185 dealer cost

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.