BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Go Huskies
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased and installed "Prepainted Bumper Side Reflector Lenses" on their E46? If so, where did U purchase them and what is involved in removing the lenses and installing the new ones without damaging the bumper?

23,233 Posts
evosport.com and bimmian.com sell them

I bought from evosport and was very happy with the match. Bimmian is a newer company and sells them for cheaper. Many have been quite pleased with their bimmian painted reflectors as well.

There's a how to at bmw330ci.com

·
Registered
318 Posts
I went with the clears from bimmertoys.com. Something like $40 for both. They were a real B!TCH to install - broke 2 and gave up, left a cracked one on. If you want the install directions, let me know and I will look up the link.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
291 Posts
325xi-SteelGray said:
I went with the clears from bimmertoys.com. Something like $40 for both. They were a real B!TCH to install - broke 2 and gave up, left a cracked one on. If you want the install directions, let me know and I will look up the link.
Here's the link:

Front Clear Reflector DIY

FWIW, in the DIY, there's a couple of pictures of the clear reflectors where a 'Made in Taiwan' sticker is clearly visible. I don't know if they are the same from all suppiers but, if so, this might explain fitment problems. I wouldn't think that OEM reflectors from BMW would have a 'Made in Taiwan' sticker on them.

The painted reflectors, OTOH, are supposed to be stock OEM BMW reflectors that are painted by a third party, so maybe the install goes smoother with them.

·
Banned
20,253 Posts
Got my OB painted blanks from bimmian.com, and am very happy with this. I'll post a pic this weekend.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.