BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autoweek posted pics of the new G35 coupe on their website today. Looks pretty ok to me...very 350Z'ish (no surprise). But to me the bland interior from the sedan looks worse in this 2-dr sports coupe. The good news is the 6-speed transmission that we knew about and 15 extra horses, bumping the total to 275. It arrives this fall. here are a couple of pics from autoweek.com:

Oh and here's the ugly new car from Infiniti....the M45.ewww...just look at that overhang!

G

·
Teej said:
EWWW!!! That recalls the worst Detroit EVER brought us. That's '70s-era Chrysler bad. Ugh!

But we all knew Japan was headed toward the mistakes Detroit made decades ago, with their platform sharing and uninspired products. When the first generation Avalon came out (years ago) with the front seat bench and column shifter, I knew things had come full circle.

This pic only further illustrates the point.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: presenting the new Infiniti G35 coupe...and something much uglier.

TD said:

EWWW!!! That recalls the worst Detroit EVER brought us. That's '70s-era Chrysler bad. Ugh!

But we all knew Japan was headed toward the mistakes Detroit made decades ago, with their platform sharing and uninspired products. When the first generation Avalon came out (years ago) with the front seat bench and column shifter, I knew things had come full circle.

HAHA same reaction here. First thing that popped up in my mind was "old big American car"

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and at nissannews.com it says 275+ horses, not 275. Just like the 350Z which is supposed to have 280+, there's no final official figures, but the 350Z will indeed be more powerful. On the Regis show the other day they talked about the 350Z and they were saying more like 300.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
OK, I found another pic of the M45 on the AutoWeek site. I'm pretty familiar with Nissan's domestic lineup, and wanted to see what the M was.

Well, unfortnuately it looks like they're gonna bring the uglier of the classic Cedric/Gloria twins. The previous generation cars with twin round headlights looked much better.

I forgot to mention that its the Gloria.

http://www.nissan.co.jp/GLORIA/Y34/0112/index.html

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That M54 is a stunning piece of automotive sculpture. It is gorgeous in the same manner that the voluptuous women in old paintings are stunning. There is magnificence is superfilous mass. It bespeaks wealth and status.

Just like my E65.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A. van Hooydonk said:
That M54 is a stunning piece of automotive sculpture. It is gorgeous in the same manner that the voluptuous women in old paintings are stunning. There is magnificence is superfilous mass. It bespeaks wealth and status.

Just like my E65.
Hooydonk, you crack me up! :lmao: :lmao: Just like your designs... Hey how about posting some pics of the next 3?? C'mon I'm sure Bangle won't mind....

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Teej said:

Hooydonk, you crack me up! :lmao: :lmao: Just like your designs... Hey how about posting some pics of the next 3?? C'mon I'm sure Bangle won't mind....
Of course, I cannot disclose everything... And final specifications have not been set.

However, here is a peak-

The interior is revolutionary and avante garde.

But the exterior is still very much in process as it is not yet startling enough. We presented the second version to the focus groups and only 30% of participants filled their airsickness bags. We're shooting for at least 70%. So it's back to the sketchpad.

But, rest assured, it will be another strong statement. Just like the E65.

·
3,762 Posts
Re: Re: presenting the new Infiniti G35 coupe...and something much uglier.

TD said:

It looks like an Acura CL (previous generation) with the infinitely laughable girth and square edges of the Cadillac Deville.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Re: new G35 coupe looks awfully nice.

blackdawg said:
wow.

that's nice looking. somehow, it loses some of the chunkiness and weird lines of the sedan.

nice.
Don't be silly. Compare that to my X Coupe. There is just no comparison.

(That's me in the back ;) )

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Re: Re: Re: new G35 coupe looks awfully nice.

vexed said:
Thank you. I wish everyone had as good an eye for superior design.

Chris appreciates it too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A. van Hooydonk said:

Of course, I cannot disclose everything... And final specifications have not been set.

However, here is a peak-

The interior is revolutionary and avante garde.

But the exterior is still very much in process as it is not yet startling enough. We presented the second version to the focus groups and only 30% of participants filled their airsickness bags. We're shooting for at least 70%. So it's back to the sketchpad.

But, rest assured, it will be another strong statement. Just like the E65.
Hey Hooydonk, I got hold of one of the exterior pics from Bangle!!
Wow it looks a lot like that Z22 concept you guys came up with before!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Teej said:

Hey Hooydonk, I got hold of one of the exterior pics from Bangle!!
Wow it looks a lot like that Z22 concept you guys came up with before!
That is the design that only achieved the 30% rate.

We are currently incorporating elements from the E65, Z9, and X Coupe (all my designs ;) ) to hopefully reach our target 70% focus group vomit rate.

Thanks for the concern. We will not disappoint.

Chris and I have a bet regarding whether we can get to the 70% vomit rate. The loser performs fellatio on the winner. I figure with this bet, there no way I can lose.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.