· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the forums and my 325 has just shy of 100K
Worried about things maybe I should do

Oil changes.. of course

water pump? forum says 100k
thermostat? no indication its an issue

what about the microfilter (should I buy off ebay?

fuel filter? BMW says lifetime but find that hard to believe

help me set my priorities:dunno:

· GO FLYERS!!!
320 Posts
If you have not yet done a cooling system overhaul by 100K then you need to address that sooner rather than later because it is a ticking time bomb that will experience a component failure at a bad time, most likely the expansion tank. OEMbimmerparts has a complete kit for around $300 and it is money well spent. Fuel filters should be changed around 50K and I change my engine and cabin air filters every second oil change....7,500 mile oil change, not the BMW recommended 15K. Brake fluid should be changed every two years; power steering fluid every couple of years as well. If your belts are more than two years or 30K miles old then odds are they are starting to wear and crack so change them too. The WIKI has good DIY instructions for all of these. I am sure there is more but that is stuff off the top of my head.

· Registered
743 Posts
The temp gauge on our cars is more of a dummy gauge... Only indicates a major problem... You could be running colder than it should be and you'd never know (thermostat failed in the open position).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.