BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first BMW!!! Great car so far....

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the price. Here are my specs:

Out the door from Pacific BMW $38000
-Demo Car with 1000 Miles
-ZHP
-Leather Seat upgrade, not the cloth seats
-xenon
-Automatic

The Sticker was $44000

Is this a decent deal? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!!

· Registered
401 Posts
Msnowdon said:
That is about 35K before taxs, not bad! That was a about 9k off MSRP. If the car wasn't a demo you would have only gotten about 6K off MSRP, so I think you did great!
What do you mean $9K off MSRP? He payed $38K. Only $6K off MSRP.
For a car at $44K he should have got atleast $7500 off a new one and $8K for the demo. An ideal price should have been $35-$36K.

· We want the Lion!
9,086 Posts
amt7565 said:
What do you mean $9K off MSRP? He payed $38K. Only $6K off MSRP.
For a car at $44K he should have got atleast $7500 off a new one and $8K for the demo. An ideal price should have been $35-$36K.
Note comment "38k out the door". If you take out the sales tax (which he has to pay regardless), he hit the range you quote above. I might have asked for some additional freebies to make up for the demo status (an alarm, for example).

· Registered
19,647 Posts
xspeedy said:
Depends upon his definition of "out the door". Typically, "out the door" should include things like taxes and fees.
I hate that expression. Here in Mass, you can go out the door with your car, but you will pay the tax when you go register it. And tax can vary from 0 to 8.5%, so saying "out the door" means nothing to most people. Do i know the tax rate in Illinois? No idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.